$0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      3 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

BTN ($1.06)
      SB ($3.86)
      Hero ($4.90)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 3 players) Hero is BB 6:diamond: A:heart:
      BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

Flop: J:club: 6:spade: Q:heart: ($0.06, 3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: A:diamond: ($0.06, 3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.06, BTN raises to $0.24, SB folds, Hero calls $0.18

River: 9:club: ($0.54, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

I'm facing a lot of overbets on these microlimits. First question is, should I b/3b the turn? Second question is how to interpretate his huhe overbet.
  • 3 replies
    • MaCe90
      Raising on the turn gives you and idea on the type of hand he has , but it also comits you to the pot...i mean the only option to 3bet there is to shove. Personally , its a close spot but I would shove on the turn to save myself the later decision making, stress .. it's two good pairs, against half buy in dude at microlimits , unless you have him tagged as a nit you have to call.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Weird line with him checking back the flop and all it's hard to give him better two pairs, tho maybe he was getting tricky. Only hand that really makes sense otherwise is KT or a lone top pair that he's overplaying. For half a buy-in at nl2 against an unknown i'd likely end up calling down too, i feel like jamming the turn gives him the best chance to let go of worse hands he's overplaying.

As for overbets in general it just means players are committed to their hand in the micros, because they feel they have the nuts, because they really have the nuts, because they're bluffing and and giving up isn't an option... It's hard to say exactly it differs for each player, best you can do is usually gauge their level of aggression/tilt to decide if they're more likely to have nothing, a hand they're overplaying, or the actual nuts.

Hope it helps.
    • anstaendig
      Well I thought about that, too. I really think that he'd raise with any A on the turn so I should try to get it in there and I also think calling the river is not that bad.