[NL2-NL10] NL10 KK vs push

• Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (MP2) ($17.10)
      CO ($10.65)
      Button ($11.85)
      SB ($10)
      BB ($14.70)
      UTG ($11.45)
      MP1 ($6.60)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K
      UTG bets $0.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.15) J, 7, 5 (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2.70, UTG raises to $10.45 (All-In), Hero calls $7.75

Turn: ($23.05) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($23.05) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $23.05 | Rake: $1.10

His raise from UTG means some strenght, but he just calls my 3bet.
      On the flop he leads out donking (is that right), and comes over the top after my raise.
      What would usually be his hand range in a situation like this and did I make the right decision?
  • 5 replies
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      He probably got a range like (JJ+, AK). Since this is a 3bet pot it's hard to get out there. I'm getting it in and hoping for QQ on his hand. As he bets so small there might be the possibility to just call him down to keep the pot small but maybe that's just to weak. (:
    • MaCe90
      MaCe90
      Bronze
      7-handed, a raise from UTG doesn't always mean JJ+, AK ..it depends on the type of player he is... but as he played, I'm guessing even AK is arguable to put or not to put in his range. Any how , you beat QQ and AK , and get beat by AA (which is as likely a holding as Aces) and JJ ...so being like a 50-50 situation and having invested more than 30% of your stack already ... easy call :) . Its just my numb simple thinking, I'm not really good at maths.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      I don't think AK is likely.

AA also not likely, unless he decided to slowplay it preflop, which most people would not do.

I would say QQ or JJ.

But my guess is JJ, fits how most people play it preflop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since he's unknown he can likely show up with a bunch of other hands like Jx sometimes, tho most people wouldn't bet/3bet AJ there you never know. He can also show you 77/55 because calling 3bets out of position with any pocket pair is standard for a lot of bad players, including a lot of tags. It's bad but whatever.

Still i don't think you can get out of this one really, just note down his line afterward to better your decisions against him if you ever see him around again.

Hope it helps.
    • Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      He had AJ btw, thanks for the replies.