[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Aa

• Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 ($8.05)
      MP1 ($10)
      MP2 ($9.85)
      Hero (CO) ($12.10)
      Button ($15.80)
      SB ($10.15)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($13.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A
      UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 bets $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.70, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.65) A, 7, 7 (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $2.20, 1 fold

Total pot: $3.65 | Rake: $0.15

On the flop, should I slowplay? Bet another amount?
  • 3 replies
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      On this kind of flops I only bet half the pot because often they find a call with some pocket pairs and your cbets are going to be cheaper on this flops.
    • MaCe90
      MaCe90
      Bronze
      I would rather check in this spot , because if your opponents are not very aggresive , Ace high boards would be too scary all too often to call even your c-bets.

But, if you check you : 1. Give them the opportunity to hit whatever holding they have.
      2. Even it they might smell that something is fishy they could still take a stab at it if they hit or call a small bet on the turn and maybe another one on the river without a great hand. I mean.. you do have the stone cold nuts (forget about quads)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Both previous posters made some good points. A-high flops usually are very scary and betting smaller is more likely to induce some action against the vast majority of the players. Checking is also fine since you have a lock on the hand, you can represent something that's scared by the A too and entice suspicious calls on later streets by hands like TT. Don't worry about getting money from the case A, if he has it he'll bet it on the turn.

It's a bit different if you have say 7x there, because then it's a lot more likely for your opponent to show up with Ax hands that he won't fold and you want to get his entire stack for it, so you should be a little more inclined to bet and get it in instead of focusing on getting one bet out of the vast majority of weak hands that compose villain's range on A77 when you have AA.

Hope it helps.