[NL2-NL10] A9s multi way pot , flush draw...

• FWKanobi
      Had no idea how to play this hand.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, 7.
      CO raises to $0.17, Hero calls $0.17, SB calls $0.15, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.68) Q, 6, 3 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Hero raises to $5.30(All-In), SB folds, BB calls $4.33(All-In), CO folds.

Turn: ($11.31) 7 (0 players)
      BB gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($11.31) 3 (0 players)
      BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.98.
      Results follow:

BB shows two pairs, queens and threes(Q A).
      Hero shows two pairs, sevens and threes(A 7).

BB wins with two pairs, queens and threes(Q A).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

A lot depends on what BB is leading here.

If he's a fish and he's just randomly betting all the time i think your line is okay if you don't want to raise smaller and have no idea what to do on a blank turn, but with position i'd still make it $2 and call a shove instead.

If he's a tag it's a pretty good assumption that he's strong there, and since he can't have the nutflush draw that leaves mostly Qx/sets/lower flushdraws. Sets aren't ever folding, lower flushdraws might call a smaller raise but will always fold to your shove, Qx will most likely call a shove right on the flop because it screams flushdraw, but might call a smaller raise and fold to a turn shove. So basically you don't really have that much fold equity against better hands in my opinion even tho you have good equity.

Add that to the fact that CO seems interested enough to call giving you great odds to draw to your flush (maybe CO has the lower flushdraw?), i think overcalling is good here, maybe even better than a small raise considering BB isn't folding very often if you raise.

Hope it helps.