Cash game not going too well, will try SNGs

• ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Two days of getting burned by NL10, then dropping down to NL4 and still ended up losing my whole stack to an overpair (my AQ vs pocket kings, i hit queen on the flop). I think i go too crazy when i hit top pair and re-raise like crazy. Hopefully i can figure out when someone has overpair and i can fold without losing alot again. At least in SNG, i can't lose it all in one hand, :p Any advice would be helpful.
  • 10 replies
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ironmask92
      At least in SNG, i can't lose it all in one hand, :p Any advice would be helpful.
      That seriously made me laugh...

Try SNGs if you want, but read ALL the articles, post hands and constantly work on your game... you will run bad at times... don't just give up if it seems tough... but do try different things and see what you enjoy the most...
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ironmask92

At least in SNG, i can't lose it all in one hand, :p Any advice would be helpful.

Thats what happens when you start tilting a bit and not thinking straight, lol. I just needed to get my head off cash game for a bit (feels like every time i play cash game i lose, more my state of mind then anything else.), i played SNG's today and did fairly well. 3 first, 1 second and 3 thirds (i don't play alot of game normally, i get way too tired otherwise, usually 2 tables at once max. Seems like i always end up winning one and losing the other one when i play 2 at once.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      don't play sngs unless u want to die

from suicide
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      SnG variance is pretty bad. If you want to get away from the variance, I'm not sure SnG's are best. Your choice, though.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      don't play sngs unless u want to die

from suicide
      +1

Originally posted by Ejeckt
      SnG variance is pretty bad. If you want to get away from the variance, I'm not sure SnG's are best. Your choice, though.
      +1, I'd say if he wants to avoid varriance as much as possible he'd be best of with either NL FR or DoN's
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      personally I'd play some SnG's. It really helps me when I feel I am going nowhere playing cash.

10-20 SnG's (probably break even) later and I can go back to playing cash feeling refreshed.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I initially played BSS SH and went nowhere. Tried SNG's and i don't regret it and i think i'll stick to them. They are so difficult to play correctly that everyone is making mistakes, you just have to make less.

Variance is large but i guess it's worth it.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      I initially played BSS SH and went nowhere. Tried SNG's and i don't regret it and i think i'll stick to them. They are so difficult to play correctly that everyone is making mistakes, you just have to make less.

Variance is large but i guess it's worth it.
      it's completely the other way around. sngs are so easy to play correctly that every regs plays almost perfect while cashgames are unpossible to play "correctly" and so u can have a huge edge
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      About break even right now on $1 SNG's on Partypoker, i try to combine SNG's with NL games. So if i do well on SNG's i keep going. Like i win 2 first place then lose 4 in a row.... then i win 1 first and 1 third and lose again, lol....

For first time in partypoker, there was actually a table i can play SSS on. Did well for first 15 mins, then most of the big stacks left, should have left but i didn't and i lost my ak vs villians pocket 5's....
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      $2+0.25 turbos on FTP - 31 bi downer in 100 games last week. Variance will crush you with less than 100 bi per limit rule but it's all up to you!