This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SSS 5 hands

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $4,90
      CO:
      $20,94
      Hero:
      $4,25
      BB:
      $10

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:diamond: , J:diamond:
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, CO calls $0,25, BU folds, Hero calls $0,15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1,00) Q:diamond: , T:diamond: , J:spade: (4 players)
      Hero bets $1, 2 folds, CO calls $1,00.

Turn: ($3,00) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3 (All-In), CO calls $3,00.

River: ($9,00) 9:heart:

Final Pot: $9,00

Even if someone has straight or higher flush draw even then my hand is just too good. Maybe check-raise flop for value

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $8,05
      BU:
      $26,22

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , J:club:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, BU calls $1,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) T:spade: , A:heart: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,50, BU raises to $3,00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6,85

My stack is a little too big (waited for another two-three hands until BB reaches to me). So what to I do with my medium stack: check/fold or make contibet (I have no idea how big the contibet should be, but 1,5$ seemed fine .I´ll better check/fold next time:) , then I still can remove from table with my 7$

3)
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $59,45
      Hero:
      $6,15

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A:club: , A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, MP3 calls $1,00, 4 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) 6:heart: , 4:spade: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,50, MP3 calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,35) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,65 (All-In), MP3 calls $3,65.

River: ($12,65) K:heart:

Final Pot: $12,65

I put him to the overpair or on the flush draw, but with my aces all-in all.

4)
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , 8:heart:
      8 folds, Hero calls $0,15, BB raises to $1,00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1,25

I don´t like raise with A8s, because if he calls I should mostly put more money inf if I hit or don´t hit anything, against re-raise I have to fold and so I decided to call and put in another 15 cents to see flop cheaply:) He ofcourse decided that that was sign of weakness and raised:(

5)
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4,90
      SB:
      $8,72

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:spade: , 8:club:
      8 folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,50) T:heart: , 7:heart: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,50, Hero calls $0,50.

Turn: ($1,50) 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1,50) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1,50

Maybe I should raise turn?
  • 2 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      1)NH. Like you say, you could even c/r the flop here.

2)Don't check-fold the flop next time. NH as played because your hand is too often beaten here.

3)Standard SSS. No other choice.

4)Always open-raise here. The S-C hand rankings have this as an easy open shove . Fold as played since you've surendered the initiative .

5)Played fine since you have SD value. Perhaps you could make a small value-bet on the river but not too much wrong with the way it is played. Even HU sb v bb I think it is best not to get too involved with marginal hands. Taking the passive line as you did often gets over-aggro villains to fire once too often at the pot anyway.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hand 1.) - 3.)
      Well played. :)

Hand 4.)
      Openraise (even its not listend in the SHC for SSS). Never limp in the SB. Your hand has a good Playability even if you get called.

Hand 5.)
      I see a thin Valuebet on the River and would SB put on a busted FD, but check behind is also good to do here.