$7.47
      BB:
      $2.19
      UTG2:
      $3.80
      Hero:
      $10.20

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:club: , J:diamond:
      UTG2 raises to $0.20, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 3 folds, SB calls $0.55, BB calls $0.50, UTG2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($2.40) A:spade: , 8:club: , A:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG2 bets $0.30, 3 folds.

Final Pot: $2.70

I couln't make a call for set value so I decided that my hand is strong enough to 3bet preflop.
      Flop: some of these 3 players probably has an ace, so I fold. But maybe I had to call this small bet and reevaluate on turn?
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Only player we're really worried about is SB, the others have really small stacks compared to the pot and they might just stick it in here with 8x. I very likely wouldn't fold just yet, it's possible somebody has Ax but for $0.3 i think it's worth sticking around a bit to find out.

We can call the small bet and see what happens, or we can make some kind of small raise to $1 even tho it's going to be an information raise.. I don't think it's bad in that spot tho, we can't fold against BB and it's hard to fold against UTG2 too, but if SB doesn't fold to the raise i think it's safe to say we have to shut down. It prevents us from seeing everybody overcall the small bet with incredible odds and still have no idea what's going on when we see the turn.

Hope it helps.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I would likely just Call the bet, there is no point to raise, we will just force worse hands to fold.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

I would likely just Call the bet, there is no point to raise, we will just force worse hands to fold.

Best regards,
      Rensu
      I think there is point to raise, because if my hand is best and I call, they can force me to fold on turn.