Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $38.06
      MP3:
      $32.79

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , J:club:
      MP3 raises to $1.00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, BB folds, MP3 calls $2.00.

Flop: ($6.25) 6:club: , 4:club: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.45, MP3 raises to $12.50, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $23.20

dunno how to play. should i push? o_O am kinda new to sh so i play quite safe. He always raises 3bb with stupid cards, and it seems with good one 4bb. i really beleave he had pocket, but i dont know what kind of
  • 4 replies
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      ok his raising all sorts of trash so yes A4/K4 is possible so is 45 etc but i think that is a small part of his range so id be more inclined with this guy to put him on flush draw/overpair or air and get it all in.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      dunno how to play. should i push? o_O am kinda new to sh so i play quite safe. He always raises 3bb with stupid cards, and it seems with good one 4bb. i really beleave he had pocket, but i dont know what kind of
      It's well possible that he's raising UTG & MP 4bb & CO & BU 3bb. It's what I'm doing usually at least. In that case ofc he'll be showing up with trashier hands if he raises 3bb because naturally his late position ranges are wider. You have to make sure you get a proper read on this because his raise size might be just related to his position & not his hands.

Anyway, the hand.

Pre-flop: you're oop so 3bet x3.5. In other words, make it $3.50 instead of $3.00.

Flop: The guy is loose, his AF is high and it's a low card paired board. Sets are unlikely and 4x hands are just as unlikely. So... I don't think he'll often have a made hand here, this is usually a strong draw.
      This is a standard raise spot if he's playing 8 7 (flush draw + gutshot) or A K (flush draw + overcards). He might also just have a pocket pair... and most of those you beat here. So I'm shoving.
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      It's well possible that he's raising UTG & MP 4bb & CO & BU 3bb. It's what I'm doing usually at least. In that case ofc he'll be showing up with trashier hands if he raises 3bb because naturally his late position ranges are wider. You have to make sure you get a proper read on this because his raise size might be just related to his position & not his hands.

Anyway, the hand.

Pre-flop: you're oop so 3bet x3.5. In other words, make it $3.50 instead of $3.00.

Flop: The guy is loose, his AF is high and it's a low card paired board. Sets are unlikely and 4x hands are just as unlikely. So... I don't think he'll often have a made hand here, this is usually a strong draw.
      This is a standard raise spot if he's playing 8 7 (flush draw + gutshot) or A K (flush draw + overcards). He might also just have a pocket pair... and most of those you beat here. So I'm shoving.
      just 1 thought i prefer to raise it preflop to 4x oop (vs BTN sometimes 4,5 x, vs UTG 3.5x)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mstlc

Anyway, the hand.

+1
      since you hold overpair in 3-bet pot and he can´t really represent much then I also like shove. he is making sometimes there plays, sometimes hold flushdraw which he might call or fold and unless he slowplayed pf QQ-AA I think you´re ahead most of the times