SSS - Big leak in non-showdown winnings

• LilSteewe
      LilSteewe
      Bronze
      Hi, I moved up to NL25 few weaks ago and had a great start with SSS! I thought that I can beat this level very easy. But right now I can't move. Just shift betwen winning and losing sessions. That's OK, I think that I can deal with it. Just gonna be patient and it will come. But today I saw my "money won with showdown/money won without showdown" graph and discovered that I have a big leak in non-showdown winnings!

Here is the graph: http://img38.imagefra.me/img/img38/1/11/19/f_i88xm_5c50aa3.jpg

And here is the question: What do I do wrong?? Steel to much and then have to fold too often? Don't think so my VPIP is around 7.5 and also my PFR is 7.5.

Anybody has or had same problem? Abybody has idea?? Or is it just part of the SSS and there's nothing to do with it??

Every advice will be appreciated!

Thanks!!
  • 12 replies
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      looks like a typical sss graph. the non showdown winnings graph can be improved but its not easy. mine is better but still below b/e
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      IMO don't worry about the non-showdown until you move up to the higher limits
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      as raun says it does look like a typical SSS players graph. it is unlikely to be an inherant leak in the SSS because its such a solid bullet proof strategy and a lot of winning players have this charachteristic! so basically i wouldnt worry about it too much.
      I dont have this charachteristic in my game and i dont know why lol.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

I play SSS, have about twice as many hands as you (23k) and my graph looks very much like yours.

Not sure what, if anything, can be done about it when playing SSS.

The primary thng is the green line continues to trend upwards! May yours carry on doing so.

Cheers

Fagin
    • LilSteewe
      LilSteewe
      Bronze
      Thanks for all replies! Its good to know that I dont have to panic. I will just keep playing my game and let the EV and won money line raise(I hope they both will :) ) and remove this "non showdown" line from my graph.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      at nl50 you can probably start focussing a bit on the non SD graph.
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      Two simple things that are attributed to this type of graph is being re-raised preflop and having to fold, as well as firing a c-bet on the flop with the villian staying in the pot by calling or re-raising(or not hitting anyting in a multiway pot) and you end up folding along the way.

Both of these are inherent in SSS and is not a bad thing.

The easiest thing that I know of to lessen this downward slop in the non showdown line on your graph is to have quality notes to be able to take advantage of bluffs and players who know how to exploit SSS.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      the only thing you can really do to push your red line up would be to increase your restealing frequency pre and try to take down more pots, but that will eat into your showdown line.
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Non showdown winnings is about getting the opponent to fold. Good luck with that at the micro-low limits.
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      non showdown winnings improvement, i guess is a combination of the last 3 posts and some more i think :) . on my graphs, both showdown winnings are positive. my non showdown winnings are way better than my showdown winnings. i think its also about taking many pots unchallenged preflop with good steals and agressive pushes against lose players.
    • 01bit
      01bit
      Bronze
      Being in the "big leak on SSS" forum, please take a look at the graph posted here and tell me what am i doing wrong, based on the statistics PT tells me..

Thank You.
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 01bit
      Being in the "big leak on SSS" forum, please take a look at the graph posted here and tell me what am i doing wrong, based on the statistics PT tells me..

Thank You.
      u fold to much imho.
      u cbet only 33% which is when u hit only, your cbet should be around 66%, twice what it is now!
      u fold to donk bets 81% of the time on the flop, this is way too much folding imho, u should consider calling or raising these donk bets way more often.

your game is utterly predictable and exploitable tbh.

u need to improve your game by stealing and restealing and adding extra dimensions to your game.