[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH 99 low board

• saxemephone
      saxemephone
      Bronze
      Villain was unknown. I'm not sure about this hand and situations like this in general - what is best with a medium overpair out of position w/o initiative? Obviously it will depend on the opponent, but vs. unknown should I check/raise flop & fold to 3bet? The problem with this is that I can't be sure villain will fold overcards as fish seem to love A-high. I could just give them credit if they call, but is trying to see a cheap showdown to maybe get reads on unknowns okay here?

Known players:    
      Hero:
      $26.25
      MP3:
      $70.28

0.15/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:diamond: , 9:spade:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.90, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.05) 6:diamond: , 7:spade: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.05, Hero calls $2.05.

Turn: ($6.15) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $4.00, Hero calls $4.00.

River: ($14.15) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $14.15
  • 2 replies
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Platinum
      Originally posted by saxemephone
      Villain was unknown. -> see a cheap showdown to maybe get reads on unknowns
      on this kind of dry boards
      and 1 more thing if scary card cames on river K,A,J,Q,T i prefer to block bet river
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think paired boards call flop and turn is ok line and then evaluate river. If player is aggressive then you can call him down, since he is bluffing a lot.
      Donkbet with overcard on the river is interesting line. Don´t thin you ever get called by worse hands, but at least you likely won´t get bluffed and he maybe would fold for example TT of you bet out A river.
      So betting out river yourself is ok line and even then if river is blank I thin betting out yoself instead of c/c or c/f might be good play. You then can bet out 7$ instead of calling 12$- 19$ river bet.