• Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      Call Or FOLD?

Double OR Nothing table: 6 remaining players Top5 doubling their money

Blinds: 150/300

I was on BB with AA, with 3k chips
      SB was chip leader with 5K chips

There is 1 player with less than 1k chips and another 1 player less than 600 chips

***SB goes ALL in preflop?
      ***Should I call or fold?

A. call, what the heck! you got AA never fold all in preflop!!!
      B. fold, you are ITM 90% so fold!!! He might hit set/flush/str or anything better than your AA.
  • 10 replies
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      I think this is one of the few times when it is correct to fold AA, you don't really gain anything from doubling up since the bigstack has you covered by a fair bit and you are almost garunteed to place. If he had 2.9K for example it might be different but I don't know for sure.
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      *can't figure out how to delete a post* :<
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      lol easy call u have only 10bb left and sb is pushing with a wide range here.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vladnz
      Fold, you dont need to play a hand...And acumilating chips in DoN's isnt whats important. Sit back and let the stack of 600 get blinded out.
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      B) easy fold
      when i guy who has you covered pushes into you and you are the second in chips on the bubble, you don't look in your hand you just fold
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vladnz
      I disagree. This is a DoN not an S&G your not trying to acumilate chips just survive....Calling all in is an unesiceary risk when there are 2 crippled stacks with 2bb and 3bb, theres no reasson to play a hand at this point...and suck outs do happen in poker, folding is alot higher EV in this spot than calling. As some one has already said you dont gain anything by doubling up. So the calculation of risk v reward says fold.
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      Ty for the fast reply and informative reasons.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Better to fold. In practice a large amount of players are not capable of making this play though, even on the bubble ;)

w34z3l
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      100% FOLD. you are playing for equity not whoever finishes first in a DoN. say you do double up and the next hand the shortstack busts. What did you accomplish ?

On the other hand you have maximum 81% with your AA. 2/10 you lose and bust out with a bad beat story.

EDIT: you are not 90% to finish itm, you are 99.99%
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      fold, only because he has you covered though.