[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SSS postflop difficulties

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $25,10
      Hero:
      $5

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , 9:club:
      7 folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero raises to $0,75, SB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,50) Q:heart: , 6:diamond: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB calls $1,00.

Turn: ($3,50) J:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $4, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7,50

I think that I can raise with A9 preflop, and I hit my 9. Seems like he has straight or two pair so I decided to fold.

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $7,47
      Hero:
      $4,76
      SB:
      $24,15

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:heart: , 5:club:
      UTG+2 calls $0,25, 5 folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,75) 5:diamond: , 5:spade: , 8:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $0,50, SB folds, Hero calls $0,50.

Turn: ($1,75) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 checks.

River: ($1,75) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: $2,75

I have no idea, how to play my trips. I think it´s good to chekc/raise. He might be on the draw or he has 8 or overpair and I can get value for that.

3)
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $21,76
      MP3:
      $30,69
      Hero:
      $5

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, MP2 calls $1,00, MP3 calls $1,00, 4 folds.

Flop: ($3,35) 9:club: , 8:heart: , K:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1,50, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $4,00 (All-In), MP2 calls $2,50.

Turn: ($11,35) 4:diamond:
      River: ($11,35) 5:heart:

Final Pot: $11,35

Bad, bad play. If I want, I could go all-in for fold equity, but check-all in is very bad, he would call me 100%, because of the pot odds and I´m mostly behind.
      I think that against 2 players check-fold is fine.

4)
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $11,75
      Hero:
      $4,65

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: , T:diamond:
      6 folds, BU calls $0,25, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,60) 8:heart: , J:spade: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,75, Hero raises to $1,50, BU folds.

Final Pot: $2,85

I have the nuts, so maybe check-call. If he has nothing the he would check turn and probably I can´t get much value for that, so always check-raise:D ?

5)
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,50
      SB:
      $24,82

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:club: , A:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BU calls $1,00, SB raises to $1,75, BB folds, Hero calls $0,75, BU folds.

Flop: ($4,75) T:club: , 3:diamond: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($4,75) J:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero calls $1,00.

River: ($6,75) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,75, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7,50

I think that I played accordingly to the odds. No point going all-in because I can still get away on the flop. Turn gives me also gutshot and whell I don´t nothing in the river, so I had to fold.
  • 6 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      1) NH.

2)On that board I like to lead out on the flop. As played definitely bet the turn as busted draws don't pay-off on the river. If no-one has anything and you fold them out then so be it.IMO.

3)A tough spot on the flop.If MP2 is very loose/agg then your play is fine but if he's very tight then you can maybe fold. Don't worry about going AI for fold equity since the only hands that fold here are those that you currently beat.

4)I lead flop here for 50c and try to build a pot.

As played just calling the flop builds the pot sufficiently.

5)Curiosity would make me call that river getting 10:1.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hand 1.)
      Ok.

Hand 2.)
      I would bet the flop here. Any 8 and any other Pair might call you and give you Value, otherwise they will fold anyway or check behind and you give them free outs against you. Same for the Turn, to prevent a check-behind.

Hand 3.)
      I contibet here with around $2 (representing the K) and if I get called I´m done with the hand or I play check/fold.

Hand 4.)
      Bet flop. You´re HU. If he hitted anything he will call you anyway. Otherwise you give him a freecard and he has the chance to knock you out. (if he holds a K and a T came for example. ;) ).

Hand 5.)
      Preflop All-In. ;)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Thanks for comments

My main problem is my tight table image. If I bet out on the flop on BB, all good players will fold, if I check/call, then they might check behind on the turn, so maybe I should donkbet turn with my very good hands. On the dangerous board betting is the best thing.

Don´t like going all-in AK preflop, I just felt that he has AA, KK or maybe AK and he just building the pot.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      5)Mis-read the AI PF opportunity. The Likely dead-money in the pot makes going AI OK versus most players.

If you get too much respect for your bets from the BB then you should take the occaisional and well-timed stab at the pot with less than a strong hand. Paired-boards are often good to lead on :D
      If you check call and the villain checks behind on the turn open-pushing the river can be a good line as you could get a suspicious call. This does not have to work often to be profitable (I play NL10 at Party).
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Don´t like going all-in AK preflop, I just felt that he has AA, KK or maybe AK and he just building the pot.
      AK is a hand for ME with which I like to be All-In preflop already, because then you do not have to made difficult decisions later when you missed the flop. In this case you have the Pot Odds to go All-In (dead money) and you have Fold Equity against TT, JJ, QQ and AK. If he holds KK or AK you still have outs, since you AKs can make you a straight or a Flush.

I would push All-In here. It´s also what your SHC for SSS should say. ;)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Oki, all-in then. I think that I´m mostly behind, but my aces got beaten today with AKs, so why not:)