Are there any fish left ?

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Lately, PartyPoker NL100SH seems almost completely devoid of fish of any kind.
      With my 21/17, I was the loosest player of all of my 9 tables ...
      It used to be ok, but right now you're supposed to be happy if you spot a 30/14 or something...

Wait lists in a meanwhile are 10+ for any decent table and 10+ for just about any FR tables...

Yawn
  • 15 replies
    • DukeFreedom
      DukeFreedom
      Black
      You know what they say about people who ask where the fish are...

*runs and hides* :f_grin:

On a more serious note, I guess poker is just getting tougher (and I doubt this is going to change) and thus you already have to be better and apply more advanced gameplay at lower limits to survive...

With PokerStrategy having over 2.5million registered users I suppose most people these days will know about the basic strategie of playing tight and agressive.

In fact even most pokersites even seem to recommend this kind of strategie somewhere on their site or 'academy add' nowadays.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DukeFreedom
      You know what they say about people who ask where the fish are...

*runs and hides* :f_grin:
      Nah, I'm serious.
      It's not that nit regs aren't beatable, but to multitable hours on end and spotting only a single 30/11 fish while I got 9 tables open is a bit weird.
    • DukeFreedom
      DukeFreedom
      Black
      And well table selection is a part of poker as well, which you refuse to do. :P
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Partypoker is a poor excuse for a site, fresh blood just dont sign up at that site, only the big two. So yeah table selection will be very important
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DukeFreedom
      And well table selection is a part of poker as well, which you refuse to do. :P
      I try to, but I don't have the time to wait in 12 man wait lists to see the fish is broke by the time I can sit down.
      The only thing you can do is hope a fish sits down at your tables and don't leave that table until he does.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      If I sat down at a $.5/1 NLSH table I'd have around 20/16 stats. But the thing is I would easily be a fish at that kind of table since I play FL all the time these days. You have to look at more than stats to find the fish these days is what I'm saying.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I know thàt ...
      I just miss the 55/22, but apparently they only come out at night.

I'm done with daytime PartyPoker I think.
    • jessie11982
      jessie11982
      Bronze
      I'm not really familiar with the 20/16 terms and all that. Having said that, there are plenty of fish on Party Poker. Infact, PP has been described by many as the fishiest site around. Patience, sit back, and wait.

I'm going to make a bold statement here, and since i have never played you, dont take this to heart. I am probably wrong, and just being general here. Are you sure you cant find the fish, or that you are fishier than the fish, therefore they are harder to spot. Just a thought.

Be patient. Best times to play are between 1am and 6am GMT. All the Americans are coming home plastered and willing to gamble. Also, play at times where you think you play your best. Even the best of players sometimes forget this, and sit down when they think that the game is going to be more profitable. It will never be a profitable game if you do not play in situations and/or times that you are at your best. Table selection, time selection.

Final Note: Dont put your buddies in your buddy list. Put the players that you seem to have good reads on, and obviously the profitable fish that you stumble across. Putting these players in your buddy list means that you will never again have to go hunting through your table lists just to find out of they are online. Even if they have clicked the "hide me from table search" button, atleast you know they are lurking around somewhere...

P.S. Disagree with me if you want, this just works well for me...
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      lol, thanks, but I'm not a new guy.
      I already know night hours are best, but not because of Americans because they aren't allowed to play at Party
      I know how to use a buddy list.

And yes, I still beat those standard players with a winrate somewhere between the 3 and 6 PTBB/100 margin long term. (or 6 to 12 $ per 100 hands of NL100)
      So I'm not the fish ;)

However, I just noticed that tables have tightened up a LOT lately, bringing my winrate closer to 3 than to 6 PTBB (and nowhere near the 8.5 PTBB I sustained over 100k+ hands a year ago)
      When just about everyone is tight and pretty aggressive, steal about 30 to 40 % of the times and has a 3bet percentage in the 5 to 12 % margin and a decent AF (1.7 to 3.2) ... the game has suddenly gotten way harder than what I expect for a limit that is still called "small stakes no limit hold em"

Oftentimes I hear from people who multiplatform that even FullTilt is easier to play than Party these days ...
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      FullTilt is easier to play than Party these days ...

Yes I agree. You should try FL at PP. I´ve seen tables with a PF of 7% FR and 13% SH. Too many people grindin for the bonuses PP always give out every week, plus add the PS Germans and it becomes too boring and tight.
      You can earn more by bonus grinding than by actually playin poker @ Party these days.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      lol, I tried FL2/4SH there
      Never again

Maybe 4 % of players are outright winners, some rakeback pro, the rest losers that aren't even that bad really.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Peoples views of how fishy sites have a massive time lag on them, of course this could be intentional as why would a reg who has found a fishy site want to tell everyone else about it? Party has been pretty tough for a while now relative to other sites and i dont know why everyone says full tilt is tough, i've never actually played there but everytime i see it in a coaching video or load up the lobby there always seems to be fish around.

You should probably check all the major networks and check for yourself it will only take an hour and monitor it over a few days.
    • badmouth
      badmouth
      Bronze
      Why don't ya try a new poker room?...for example Pacific poker..(fish tank)..or Everest Poker...do a search in google for any other sites if you want.. a change is good
    • DukeFreedom
      DukeFreedom
      Black
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      lol, I tried FL2/4SH there
      Never again

Maybe 4 % of players are outright winners, some rakeback pro, the rest losers that aren't even that bad really.
      And then you have me, RB BE over almost 100K hands. :(

FL SH is certainly (and quite easily) beatable on party at 1/2 and lower by playing pretty much standard TAG style. In fact, you can usually find quite a lot of tables with 2 obvious fish there. Yet on 2/4 this suddenly changes to having a hard time finding a table with even 1 fish on it, instead of only TAGs and LAGs.

Now sure, the TAGs at 2/4 aren't that great and the LAGs are even worse (though they do cause even more variance to the already variance abundant FL SH), but the problem is that you're also paying 3 BB/100 in rake and that still makes it kind of difficult to beat it with normal strategy.

As SonicXT already said for NL, it is kind of ridiculous that you already have to apply more advanced gameplay to - what is considered to be - small stakes fixed limit hold em as well... Then again, I'm probably moving to PS next year to see how things are going over there. FL at Party seems to have become rakeback poker, and with this months gladiator promo things seem to have gotten only worse then ever before.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by One12ver
      FullTilt is easier to play than Party these days ...

Yes I agree. You should try FL at PP. I´ve seen tables with a PF of 7% FR and 13% SH. Too many people grindin for the bonuses PP always give out every week, plus add the PS Germans and it becomes too boring and tight.
      You can earn more by bonus grinding than by actually playin poker @ Party these days.
      What are these bonuses? I've got none and it's annoying me actually because I really want some rakeback and I don't put in enough volume to do anything worthwhile with my points :D