[NL2-NL10] QQ nl5sh

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($8.65)
      SB ($9.82)
      UTG ($3.77)
      Hero (MP) ($5)
      Button ($2.84)
      CO ($5.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q, Q
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.16, CO raises $0.40, 3 folds, Hero raises $1.04, CO raises $4.65 (All-In), Hero calls $3.80 (All-In)

Flop: ($10.06) A, J, 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($10.06) 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($10.06) 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $10.06

I have problem with playing pocket QQ I play that hand 3-bet(4-bet)/shove and I don't know if it is a good idea, should I call shove with QQ?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Nice hand, well played.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Once you 4bet you have to call it off, NH.

As for whether you should 4bet it in the first place, i'd say readless it's your best move, you shouldn't back down with QQ against unknowns.

We don't play microstakes that often and thus tend to 4bet/call it all the time, because once people start 3betting light with any frequency it's too strong to fold ever. If you have a decent sample at microstakes and you notice that when you go up against regulars at nl4 you always get it in really bad once you 4bet (meaning KK+, the more AK they show up with the more you should keep QQ in your range), you can likely start playing QQ like JJ. It'll probably make you more exploitable, you might lose some value against certain players, but if overall you're leaking a lot of money with that hand there is nothing wrong with changing your play with that hand until you notice people aren't only felting KK+.

Hope it helps.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I disagree with both Tamailarace and veriz.

Readless, once we get shoved over I'm folding. Flatting the 3bet OOP isn't such a bad idea as then you could possibly either flop an overpair, an underpair and check/call one street, or a set; getting the money in.

Either way vs. an unknown going broke with QQ preflop, especially at these stakes, wont always be a profitable move. As you'll find yourself dominated a lot of the time.

So until we get ourselves a decent sized sample of hands, and find this opponent to be getting it in with a range of AQo+,99+.. this is a fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Then just 4bet bluff with A2o instead for card removal against AK/AA instead of turning QQ into a bluff, because unless you think villain is bad enough to call 4bet with worse hands than QQ, there should be a lot more merit to just calling with it.

Hope it helps.