bye bye ps :( :( :( - small blog -

• steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      Today was the last day I played on a pokerstrategy tracked platform. I'm cashing out from FTP (still have 100$ bonus to clear) because I'm just sick of the bad beats and no action with monsters. I play the same every time just like a bot and I don't give away any bet tells or time tells.

Today was the last drop of sickness that I will take from FTP - worst platform I've ever played on. I'm sure it's not just me.

I'm not a poor player since I made 400$ out of 50$ by playing SnG's and MTT's with 50 BI BRM, but I'm down 250$ in about 600 SnG MTT and STT. No flip won, AA at least 4 times every tourney but action only when I lost. All the 60/40 lost and all the 80/20 lost.

So with 150$ left in my BR I'm moving to stars (not tracked and can't be tracked there), but I will try to build up my BR by playing DoN's.

............................................................................................................................
      So the short term GOALS are :

[ X ] - read the DoN article again and take notes

[ ] - read all basic and bronze level articles would help me with the DoN's

[ ] - make silver status at poker stars

[ ] - make 250$ and move to 5$ DoN's by december 10

Long term GOALS:

- after making 750$ transfer 150$ back to FTP and play 3$ SnG's for status at pokerstrategy

After that I can play one day at FTP and one at Stars and if all works well for me, move everything to FTP and play the higher limits SnG's but no turbos since i hate variation at those.
      ............................................................................................................................

BR - 150$

Bonus 100%

If you have any suggestions of how many tables I should play (i can do max 9)
      or anything else be free to tell.

Hopefully DoN's are less swingy than SnG's
  • 10 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by steIIstuI
      Today was the last drop of sickness that I will take from FTP - worst platform I've ever played on. I'm sure it's not just me.
      Hate to say it, steIIstuI, but it is just you. You are assigning thoughts, feelings and emotions you are experiencing to try and explain variance and leaks you haven't yet fixed (which every player has to deal with).

Having said this, playing at FTP is clearly affecting your ability to understand and embrace these things, so a change in platform will probably help you in capturing a better frame of mind.

Best of luck and I hope you get your mojo back. :f_cool:
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      Yeah the DoNs are less swingy but don't expect to win every flip or 60-40. At the 1.10 level be as tight as a SSS player and raise big with your good hands. Rarely you will find not find action for your monsters. If there is a raise before you and you have a hand willing to go broke with, just shove, do not just re-raise even in the first blind levels. Try something like 4-6 tables until you get a filling for the game. After that the sky is the limit.
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Hate to say it, steIIstuI, but it is just you. You are assigning thoughts, feelings and emotions you are experiencing to try and explain variance and leaks you haven't yet fixed (which every player has to deal with).

Having said this, playing at FTP is clearly affecting your ability to understand and embrace these things, so a change in platform will probably help you in capturing a better frame of mind.

Best of luck and I hope you get your mojo back. :f_cool:
      +1
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      Ok. I wanted to take the 150$ to move it to stars to start grinding the DoN's , but before i registered in a 3$ 1275man tourney because i had like 155$ left.
      After 4 hours I made it to the final table and made a deal in the final 3 and got almost 600$ :D

Now i'll quit poker for 2 weeks and study the damn SnG, MTT articles again because I don't want to mess up at the higher limits.

GL all, I'm closing the blog since i already reached the 750$ mark :) )))))
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Now i'll quit poker for 2 weeks and study the damn SnG, MTT articles again because I don't want to mess up at the higher limits.

You do realise nothing changed right?

You didn't fix leaks or anything like that. You simply got VERY lucky in that big tournament.

I bet you are going to keep losing money with that mindset tbh. And moving to a higher limit just because you got the BR for it isn't a good idea if you haven't beaten the previous limit yet.

Might want to read the psychology articles they helped me alot and made me handle bad beats and tilt really well.
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz

You do realise nothing changed right?

You didn't fix leaks or anything like that. You simply got VERY lucky in that big tournament.

I bet you are going to keep losing money with that mindset tbh. And moving to a higher limit just because you got the BR for it isn't a good idea if you haven't beaten the previous limit yet.

Might want to read the psychology articles they helped me alot and made me handle bad beats and tilt really well.
      I have a 8% ROI at the 2 - 3$ Buyin, and a 3% ROI at the 5$ limit, so I think it's time to try the 10$ buyin and see over a sample size of at least 200 SnG's if I can beat them or not. I was just on a variation swing these last days.

I know the articles are the same, but do you read them and memorize them immediately? I don't and I'm sure that if i keep reading and understanding them they would help me a lot. also I will look at the hand samples and watch some more videos and take notes.

I'm pretty sure that the 10$ SnG's don't differ from the 5$ ones. maybe if i would have won like 5k and i would play 100$ SnG's, than I would probably play lower until i adapt to that level.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I have a 8% ROI at the 2 - 3$ Buyin, and a 3% ROI at the 5$ limit, so I think it's time to try the 10$ buyin and see over a sample size of at least 200 SnG's if I can beat them or not. I was just on a variation swing these last days.
      Hmmm, I'm no SnG jockey but a 3% ROI doesn't sound like a lot.. sample size?

BTW 200 SnGs won't tell you if you can beat a limit. 20k SnGs probably won't tell you, but 200 is absolutely nothing to base a winrate decision on.

Don't move up unless you are absolutely sure you are beating your current limit comfortably. You don't want to go chucking away a gift addition to your BR.

My 3 cents, FWIW, withdraw your MTT winnings (uber congratulations on the win BTW!) and keep grinding your current limit.

Good luck in any case!
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      I have a sample size of 800 SnG's for the 3$ and about 370 for the 5$ SnG's

I guess I can keep 300$ and grind the 3$ SnG's with a comfortable BR and move up to the 5$ once i reach 500$.

I'll just cash out the rest and go for a snowboard weekend with my friends at the first snowfall.

thanx for the advices !
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I have a sample size of 800 SnG's for the 3$ and about 370 for the 5$ SnG's

I guess I can keep 300$ and grind the 3$ SnG's with a comfortable BR and move up to the 5$ once i reach 500$.

I'll just cash out the rest and go for a snowboard weekend with my friends at the first snowfall.
      This FTW. :f_biggrin: