Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $20.00
      Hero:
      $9.54

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:diamond: , T:spade:
      UTG1 raises to $0.35, 5 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0.65.

Flop: ($2.15) 5:spade: , J:spade: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.90, UTG1 calls $0.90.

Turn: ($3.95) K:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.95) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $2.30, Hero calls $2.30.

Final Pot: $8.55
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's a tough spot the first time you find yourself in it again any regular. Here is why:

- most tags at nl10 aren't valuebetting worse than the T-high flush on the river in my opinion, but some of them might is they're decent. If they're bad enough they might also do it with stuff like 3s3x without realizing you're never ever calling with worse.

- some of them might bluff at the pot since it's hard for you to have a big spade once you check back that turn, but more often than not i think they'll be content to check down anything that might have showdown value.

Overall i think i like folding the best because of his betsizing and his stats so far, it really looks like a valuebet from an average tag who you'll probably never see again. Somebody who's bluffing would probably make it bigger, but i don't mind a call either for those odds, i'm sure you'll catch some of them valuebetting worse spades sometimes.

Hope it helps.