Two concerns

• LMOJ
      LMOJ
      Bronze
      Hi, my friends.

I'm a beginner who decided to become one of your SSS warriors around a week ago. I'm currently playing NL $10 at PartyPoker with these nice free $50. I have two things to say.

1. Multi-tabling problems... I mean, Partypoker allows playing in up to 12 tables at the same time, which is awesome, especially if I learn and automatize the SSS to perfection. I have tried multitabling in "cascade tables" mode. But there's a problem: the automatic table switching. Not only when it's my turn on a table, which is somehow understandable, but also at the start of each hand, when cards are dealt, which is somehow retarded, the "focus" changes to that table no matter what I'm doing. A lot of times I get interrupted several times in the middle of an important decision in the "important table", in the middle of a stack reload, or in other troublesome situations. And believe me, I've lost big money because of this.

My question is, is there a way to disable this, so the focus only gets changed when I cycle through the tables manually, by clicking at their button in the taskbar, and I can make decisions without being interrupted? I can't find such an option in my spanish PartyPoker client.

An option to always appear in the bottom seat, in a kind of "first person" view, so I can check my stack on a specific table more quickly, without having to find myself amongst the other 9 players of the table, would be nice too.

I don't mind if I can find what I'm looking for in some option I've missed out, or if I have to use a tolerated third party program. If I can't fix this problem, I guess I'll have to play at 4 tables at the same time at most... Which is boring most of the time and makes my PartyPoints grow very slowly, but I can accept that if it comes down to it. "Tile tables" mode gives me an awesome level of control... but with a 17'' monitor... things become so small.

2. When will my account status be updated? I have made 142 Partypoints since I started playing. If I understood correctly the information in your site, that's equal to 142 Strategypoints, an amount that should give me Silver status + free use of a tool called "Gambler's Little Helper".

Thanks for your time. Any advice will be appreciated, even if it's not the exact solution to my problems. And above all, thanks for this free chance to play real poker, I couldn't stand play money games any longer.

Have a nice day!
  • 3 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      For point 1 I recommend to "tile" the tables instead of "cascade" them. They tables might be overlapped, but you will not have the problem of "jumping through the tables". ;)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi LMJO!

1.) I would also recommend that you tile the tables. The PartyPoker software doesnt have any of the options you would like to have (always appear in the bottom seat, etc.). Although it is not very likely but maybe it helps if you write an email to the PartyPoker support: support@partypoker.com

2.) We will update the StrategyPoints as soon as we get the lists from PartyPoker.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • LMOJ
      LMOJ
      Bronze
      Thanks for your answers.
      I've found out that 6 tiled tables is optimal for me. I thought the overlapping could be a problem, but for now, it looks like it isn't.

The only annoying thing is that the font is so small that sometimes I have to guess my stack, looking at strange little blurry figures instead of numbers.

Maybe someday I will be able to buy a much bigger monitor for extra fun.
      I have made 236 Partypoints already.

By the way, how should the SSS treat mini-raises pre-flop? I'm more inclined to treat them as double-limps... sorry from deviating from the righteous path but they are so ridiculous. The two times I made that with AQ, I made the miniraiser and all his callers fold. What's your opinion?

Have a nice day!