[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Fr Jj

• SPeedFANat1c
      Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.40, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.65) 8:heart: , 4:heart: , T:club: (4 players)
      BB bets $1.20, Hero raises to $5.25, 2 folds, BB raises to $11.16 (All-In), Hero raises to $9.75 (All-In).

Turn: ($22.56) Q:diamond:
      River: ($22.56) K:spade: (1 players)

There is so much money invested, so I don't fold after his 4bet. But I guess I should fold because he is tag and he would have folded a worse hand after my 3bet.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think you played it ok, he's likely capable of overcalling suited stuff and playing bet/3bet with a draw on a flop where it doesn't look like you can have anything. It completely depends on how you weight his range of sets/draws/some top pairs(maybe) when he donks that flop.

Without a better read i don't think it's a bad stack off, but if you've seen him check/raise a big draw before or check/call a top pair in a similar spot and therefore weight his range a lot more toward sets, i think folding to the donk is fine. Even tho it seems really weak, 15/10 tags are more likely to feel confident bet/3betting a set there into 3 players than a draw at microstakes. Or maybe call the flop donk and expect him not to continue betting with top pairs/draws unless he improves.

Once you raise his donk as you said you have to call.

Hope it helps.