[NL2-NL10] NL10 - nut flush in multiway pot

• Gamer135
      CO is a loose fish. UTG+1 is rather TAG-ish.

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      8 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Hero ($9.80)
      UTG+1 ($15.73)
      MP1 ($12.48)
      MP2 ($10.49)
      CO ($3.55)
      BTN ($3.46)
      SB ($10.15)
      BB ($2.40)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 8 players) Hero is UTG A:diamond: K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.40, UTG+1 calls $0.40, 2 folds, CO goes all-in $3.55, 3 folds, Hero calls $3.15, UTG+1 calls $3.15

Flop: J:diamond: 2:diamond: 10:diamond: ($10.80, 3 players, 1 all-in)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

Turn: A:club: ($10.80, 3 players, 1 all-in)

Should I 3-bet/shove preflop? I wasn't too thrilled with the possibility of getting called by a high pocket pair from UTG+1 and putting my entire stack on a coinflip at best.

I tried to induce a bluff on the flop, which obviously didn't work. The turn card may have helped my opponent, but I don't think I really have to protect against anything except maybe the A or J pairing on the river, if he has AJ.

So should my line be check/raise and shove on the river if he doesn't raise the turn, or should I just shove the turn?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I would 4bet-shove yes, seeing a flop when you just call out of position and yet being committed to the pot already with a drawing hand like AKs, is just not going to be a good situation to be in. Plus if you just call, HE might shove himself with AK or pocket pairs you're flipping with (if he flats KK+ he can have those too) to isolate because you didn't, and then what? You'll be getting like 2.5:1, to which you can't fold either.

As played on the flop i'd just jam before the board got any scarier, he'll be getting good odds and people love to put you on AK, this isn't a board he should be afraid of with whatever he overcalled preflop with.

Hope it helps.