[NL2-NL10] AKo OOP SH....shove right or wrong?

• hughezy
      hughezy
      Bronze
      I was playing w/o hud but over the 43 hands the villian was pretty Taggy. Reviewing the hand his figures were 19/12/Afq60.

My donk is pretty weak..should have bet at least pot?....

I shoved putting(hoping) him on a draw or weaker Ax....right or wrong?

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 379076
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $6.65
      CO: $13.95
      BTN: $9.70
      Hero (SB): $10.20
      BB: $19.55

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with K :spade: A :club:
      UTG calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.30) 6 :diamond: 8 :spade: A :spade: (4 players)
      Hero bets $1, UTG folds, CO raises to $2.40, BTN folds, Hero raises to $9.90 all in, CO calls $7.50

Turn: ($21.10) Q :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($21.10) 3 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

AKo is a terrible hand to play out of position 4-way, you should just 3-bet to something like $1.4 preflop and take it from there, hopefully heads-up. UTG is a fish we don't mind him whatever he does, CO doesn't need a premium hand to raise over UTG's limp, BU didn't reraise himself chances are he doesn't have much either and is just hoping to see a cheap flop without everybody. You'll get a ton of folds.

As played postflop it's not that useful since you shouldn't find yourself in that spot to begin with. I don't think your line is necessarily bad, but you're counting on the fact that the CO taggish player will bluff-catch against your shove with something like AJ/AQ or somehow committed himself with a draw by raising your donk. Not sure it will happen very often, unless you've been taking such a line yourself against him with a draw or a weak hand already. If you think he has those hands and will call it off it's fine, otherwise you're likely better of just starting to check/call, he'll put you on some kind of draw and valuebet A9-AQ on flop/blank turn himself into the field. If the river blanks out too you can donk into him since he might check back his top pairs, it'll look like some busted draw on your part.

Hope it helps.