[NL2-NL10] NL5 BSS, some hands

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Hand1:

Im not 100% sure if it was right to fold, the immediate pottodds wasnt that good but there was 5 others behind me to act.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $2,56
      Hero:
      $6,41
      UTG:
      $3,95
      UTG+1:
      $4,80
      BU:
      $2,84
      BB:
      $2
      CO:
      $2,50

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:spade: , 9:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0,04.
      UTG calls $0,04, UTG+1 calls $0,04, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0,04, Hero calls $0,04, CO checks, BU calls $0,04, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,30) A:spade: , Q:diamond: , J:club: (7 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $0,20, 6 folds.

Final Pot: $0,50

Hand2:

Was this a good size for the contibet?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,58
      UTG:
      $5,10

Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , Q:diamond:
      UTG calls $0,04, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0,04, 2 folds, CO calls $0,04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,29, UTG calls $0,25, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,68) 9:heart: , A:club: , Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,45, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $1,13

Hand3:

Was this fold good? Im not sure if this was the right thing to do, but it felt like i was beat with another K on the turn and a J on the river.

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $8,90
      BB:
      $2,08

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A:club: , Q:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,16, 8 folds, BB calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,34) A:spade: , 3:diamond: , K:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,30, BB calls $0,30.

Turn: ($0,94) K:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,94) J:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,72, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1,66

Hand4:

Perhaps I shouldve gone with my first choice of raising instead of just checking? I didnt feel all too confident to get them to fold so I went with the check, and I reasoned that it would probably be more problematic on the flop in a big pott with this hand.

Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $5,35
      Hero:
      $7,36
      CO:
      $1,50
      MP3:
      $1,84
      MP1:
      $2,81
      SB:
      $5,04

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:diamond: , K:club:
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0,04, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,04, CO calls $0,04, BU calls $0,04, SB calls $0,02, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,24) 7:heart: , 5:spade: , 7:diamond: (6 players)
      SB bets $0,08, 5 folds.

Final Pot: $0,32
  • 4 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      1. I think you could call here , although your position is bad and you could get sandwiched between raises. You also have a backdoor flush draw and the pot odds arent too bad for you especially if you count some implieds in as well.

2. 2/3rd pot bet should be fine.

3. Against an unknown i would definately call there , your check behind can induce many bluffs on the river. You dont have many hands on your opponent , so i guess you cant make a concrete judgement about his play but he seems to be very tight and passive , so you could fold against him. I doubt he has a straight with QT , that would be a bad call preflop and on flop as well. He might be holding AK which seems probable by the way he plays the hand and given that he is very tight/passive against which you are way behind or KQ(Maybe even a set of 3s). Otherwise you should be ahead or tieing with him. (I dont see him calling the flop with JJ).

4. I am not a fan of that hand either , especially OOP , but i guess you could shorten the field of opponents. Usually you can take a pot down with a contibet ,and if you dont , without having hit a pair you easily checkfold it.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      3. Yeah I really thought he had a K, but perhaps I shouldve called the bet on the river, I know a check behind on the turn might induce a bluff, the same thing with checking on the river to the opponent.

Thx for the feedback :)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Snowylee!

Hand 1: I would call here because you have also a backdoorflushdraw and your implied odds arent that bad.

Hand 2: nice hand!

Hand 3: Against this opponent you can fold to a 3/4 potsizebet on the river. I think he is too passiv to bet a hand which is worse than yours.

Hand 4: Nice hand! I dont like to raise KQo in the BB when there are so many limpers. Often you are playing against two or more opponents out of position in a raised pot. You often have to fold if you dont hit the flop.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Thx for the feedback Puschkin! :) . And thx ^_^V!