Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($2.88)
      UTG+1 ($1)
      CO ($0.64)
      BTN ($1.01)
      SB ($6.09)
      Hero ($3.16)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 6 players) Hero is BB A:club: J:club:
      UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 raises to $0.08, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.08, 1 fold, Hero folds ...

I'm having problems with those type of hands oop against a raiser with or without a caller.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Hard to say without a general idea of how they're playing. They're likely bad enough for you to play AJs against them all day long for that price even out of position, and yet if you 3bet you likely won't get much fold equity, you can't be happy about calling it off preflop and you'll find yourself without a hand most of the time postflop trying to fold out players with about 2x pot left in their stack that probably don't like to fold very much.

I think i would just call, hoping the big stacked UTG comes along, keep the pot kinda small too. Just valuebet any top pair relentlessly, play a straight draw/flush draw passively if you have odds because you likely won't have much fold equity (unless it's against UTG in which case we wanna be able to get the stacks in so raising will become a more viable option), and you'll be fine.

Hope it helps.