Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $7.76
      CO:
      $9.75

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:spade: , 4:club:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.22) 7:heart: , 7:spade: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.82) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($0.82) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.55, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.82

Villain was a huge fish. The A hits his range pretty well. And if the A didnt hit him, the T is a huge part of his weird fishy range.
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You're probably raising that flop for value against anybody and valuebetting all the way in limit? :p It's funny, you could probably play it that way too in no-limit against that guy on most boards. If only the turn wasn't an A :D

I think your line is fine without better reads, tho i could see myself playing it differently because i think he's calling a raise with a lot more than A-high and he's aggressive enough to continue betting with high cards on his own. I might just call him down. The fact that he might put us in bad spots by randomly betting anything if we somehow check to him after inflating the pot should deter us from getting too greedy.

Hope it helps.
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      What's your opinion on bet/fold turn?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't really like it, the A will scare him off K/Q-high more often than not in my opinion, and since the fish love to slowplay monsters he'll often just call with Ax planning on firing/raising the river, which leaves us in a tough spot on the river when he'll fire into us Ax and random garbage he wouldn't be in there with, but still is.

Hope it helps.