[NL2-NL10] NL25 did I play this too strong?

• klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25
      MP2:
      $19.30

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , 7:club:
      MP2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 2 folds, MP2 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.85) 7:heart: , 6:club: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $2, MP2 raises to $5.00, Hero calls $3.00.

Turn: ($12.85) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $18.75 (All-In), MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $31.60
  • 5 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      I´m still not an NL expert, but I think the hand was played well. You destroyed your opponents Odds for his possibly Flushdraw. And her hand was that strong to just make a small bet. ;)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi klonoa!

I think you played this hand too aggressively. I would just bet half the pot (~7) on the turn because on the one hand I want to know how good my hand is but on the other hand I want to protect my hand against straight and flushdraws.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      I also think it's not that well played. limping in from middle position and calling your raise, usually is mid-pockets. with 567 on the flop and getting check/raised, you can easily get broke here. I'd bet around 7$ on the turn and hope for a fold. or check and check/call river, depends a bit.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      PF looks a little strong but if MP2 is pretty tight/straightforward then its probably OK.

Being c/raised on that flop would cower me into folding unless I knew that villain was pretty aggressive.

I'd check behind the turn though (despite all the possible bad river cards to come) and hopefully pick off a river-bluff from a busted draw. As played though,I feel that your turn bet is only being called by a better hand.
    • klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      On the turn villian only has about a pot size bet left so i figured shoving got more FE than say betting $7. Anyway i didn't wanna give a free card on such a scary board, I was going to fold if he leads out on turn.