[NL2-NL10] Jj Nl5

• enemaze
      Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J:club: , J:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.20, UTG2 calls $0.20, 7 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) T:heart: , 8:diamond: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, UTG2 calls $0.28.

Turn: ($1.03) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, UTG2 calls $0.65.

River: ($2.33) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $2.33, Hero calls $2.33.

Final Pot: $6.99

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and tens (Jc Js)
      UTG2 shows a pair of tens (Ah 9d)

Hero wins with two pairs, jacks and tens (Jc Js)

I just stacked this guy after hitting a one outer a few hands ago, so i think he might've been a bit tilted. His big raise is pretty polarizing, so i thought about it and realized it's very possible he's bluffing and made the call.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I agree with your analysis, main problem would be that these players won't usually turn a marginal made hand into a pot bet on the river, they're not aggressive enough, so he has to have complete air on the river to make that bet, and it's kinda hard on that texture unless he's peeling the flop really light, and the turn with 9x without a pair. Since he's 35/4/1 he probably calls way too much in general so it's feasible for him to have some of these hands, but it's not a crystal clear call.

If you've seen him valuebet smallish with a good made hand earlier in the session (or even check it back who knows with these guys...) it's probably all you need to make it a clear call tho. NH.

Hope it helps.