[NL2-NL10] nl10 JJ

• Malv19
      Villain is 26/22/13 126 hands. I think that my bigest mistake is not 3-betting him pre. But post flop I dont know. His cbet is 64% so I think that with 2 overs and lower pps he dont barrel this board. What do you think ?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($41.85)
      Button ($10.12)
      SB ($10.16)
      Hero (BB) ($9.81)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:club: , J:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, SB bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.30, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.20) 8:diamond: , 9:club: , 9:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20, 1 fold

Turn: ($3.60) 6:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $3.60, Hero folds

Total pot: $3.60
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I don't hate it as played, he won't have 8x that often and for every TT in there he's got thrice as many QQ+. He looks laggy enough to isolate with JTs but you have two J so it's discounted by half, he might have overs with a turned flushdraw if he even c-bet that board with these, but when he pots it twice into you i don't think it's worth pursuing either on the turn.

As for the preflop 3bet i'm not so sure, yes SB often has broadways garbage because he's isolating the fish a lot and you'll have a hard time continuing on Q/K/A boards, but you'll also blow UTG out of the pot almost always, and SB likely won't continuing playing with you out of position without a hand that rivals with JJ. Maybe he calls with lower medium pocket pairs or AQ/KQs, but most players will be even tighter, and he'll 4bet AK/QQ+/somebluffs forcing you to fold JJ. All-in-all i think i'd also call and play postflop with a good but not great hand instead of turning it into a preflop war.

Hope it helps.