This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Loosing over 7000+ hands, and it is not stopping

• Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      I have moved up to NL10 SH BSS for the past week, since then I keep loosing with everything. I am now down about 11BI... and I think I am doing quiet well compared to the amount of suck-outs. Every session there is at least 1-2 all-ins I loose against 2 outers, runer-runer flushes, or just hands like 75o OOP vs my AQ raised PF, and he hits a A55 flop.

Today my last session I was down 3BI, I got reraised, checkraised, check/shoved when I had a playable hand and I had to fold a lot of cbets, resteals and I lost pretty much every smaller pot I was involved with. Then comes a hand, AQ vs my AJ on a 5JT7 rainbow board. I had a good read on him and I knew I can get the money in ahead. So we do get it in on the turn, you can guess that a Q hits the river.. 4BI down..

In the past 7000 hands I got sucked out on at least 30 times, most of them in the biggest pots. This is starting to make me sick :(
  • 10 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I hope this can encourage you:

• Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Yes it does encourage me, thank you! I know I have to get used to it and play the best I can no matter what. I think I am doing quiet well and playing a pretty good game, even though I know I have made a couple mistakes.
      Fortunately I had 40BI when I moved up, I have been getting some rakeback and cleared $30 of $100 bonus, so over all I'm only down 6BI.
      I just start to feel a bit down that I can't finish a session in the green, or only break-even, even though I really try to play my A-game.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      The important thing during a downswing is to keep improving your game and keep your confidence. If your confidence gets crushed you're gonna start playing worse and worse and it'll just make the downswing a lot stronger.

So, like you said yourself, try to play your A game all the time. If you're having a rough session and feel like your game is deteriorating, just stop and rest for a bit. Cool your head and restart =)
      Good thing that you have a confortable BR. It's always easier to maintain your calm.

Just keep studying and improving. It will pass :s_cool:
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      I hope this can encourage you:

did you tilt at 33k?
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      Perhaps this will encourage you further:

mmmuuuuuhahahahahahahahaha

Im not actually a prick. It WILL turn around. Im not a superstitious guy, but there's gotta be something going on with the way playing with confidence + playing when you really feel like it = reduced downswings
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      So what are you trying to say there, lozz...

- that you can't link a photo

or

- that you hit a 8000 hand heater

?

OT: I agree with everything caltabiano said.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      @Toby: probably a bit :D But of course that's not due to tilt. But rather tilt was due to that :P
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      lozz thank you :D the only thing I am doing right now is minimizing the losses, and I think I'm doing good. I am analyzing my hands after and before every session and realizing my mistakes but most often I really don't know if I could play those hands any better. Maybe folding AK on a TQJ 7 T board vs JJ would save me a BI? :D

Today's second session is -2.6BI (6.5BI today), I had KK vs AA, looking on the bright side we were both 150bb deep, only lost 95bb in the hand. Very next hand with my remaining 60bb I had AJ, got commited on a 5AT9 vs TT. Not long after that I ran into an other AA with AKs, we got it in preflop which was probably a mistake, but I think I had the equity.

Over all I have lost 1/4 of my BR in 5 days, and thats with rakeback+$30 bonus. I still have 30BI left for NL10 and I really really hope I won't have to move back to NL5 when I hit 20BI...

Thanks for the encouragement!
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      @Toby: probably a bit :D But of course that's not due to tilt. But rather tilt was due to that :P
      yeah :) i wasnt suggesting that your whole ev graph was like that because of tilt :D
    • poger8
      poger8
      Bronze
      caltabiano's picture is impressive, though I saw pictures much worse. Maybe there should be a topic with all this scary stuff, so anytime anyone in distress can go there and relax a little. I don't know if my interest in poker would survive such swings, but every time I start considering my poker future, PS reluctantly gives me a helping hand :)