Loosing over 7000+ hands, and it is not stopping

• Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      I have moved up to NL10 SH BSS for the past week, since then I keep loosing with everything. I am now down about 11BI... and I think I am doing quiet well compared to the amount of suck-outs. Every session there is at least 1-2 all-ins I loose against 2 outers, runer-runer flushes, or just hands like 75o OOP vs my AQ raised PF, and he hits a A55 flop.

Today my last session I was down 3BI, I got reraised, checkraised, check/shoved when I had a playable hand and I had to fold a lot of cbets, resteals and I lost pretty much every smaller pot I was involved with. Then comes a hand, AQ vs my AJ on a 5JT7 rainbow board. I had a good read on him and I knew I can get the money in ahead. So we do get it in on the turn, you can guess that a Q hits the river.. 4BI down..

In the past 7000 hands I got sucked out on at least 30 times, most of them in the biggest pots. This is starting to make me sick :(
  • 10 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I hope this can encourage you:

• Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Yes it does encourage me, thank you! I know I have to get used to it and play the best I can no matter what. I think I am doing quiet well and playing a pretty good game, even though I know I have made a couple mistakes.
      Fortunately I had 40BI when I moved up, I have been getting some rakeback and cleared $30 of $100 bonus, so over all I'm only down 6BI.
      I just start to feel a bit down that I can't finish a session in the green, or only break-even, even though I really try to play my A-game.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      The important thing during a downswing is to keep improving your game and keep your confidence. If your confidence gets crushed you're gonna start playing worse and worse and it'll just make the downswing a lot stronger.

So, like you said yourself, try to play your A game all the time. If you're having a rough session and feel like your game is deteriorating, just stop and rest for a bit. Cool your head and restart =)
      Good thing that you have a confortable BR. It's always easier to maintain your calm.

Just keep studying and improving. It will pass :s_cool:
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      I hope this can encourage you:

did you tilt at 33k?
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      Perhaps this will encourage you further:

mmmuuuuuhahahahahahahahaha

Im not actually a prick. It WILL turn around. Im not a superstitious guy, but there's gotta be something going on with the way playing with confidence + playing when you really feel like it = reduced downswings
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      So what are you trying to say there, lozz...

- that you can't link a photo

or

- that you hit a 8000 hand heater

?

OT: I agree with everything caltabiano said.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      @Toby: probably a bit :D But of course that's not due to tilt. But rather tilt was due to that :P
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      lozz thank you :D the only thing I am doing right now is minimizing the losses, and I think I'm doing good. I am analyzing my hands after and before every session and realizing my mistakes but most often I really don't know if I could play those hands any better. Maybe folding AK on a TQJ 7 T board vs JJ would save me a BI? :D

Today's second session is -2.6BI (6.5BI today), I had KK vs AA, looking on the bright side we were both 150bb deep, only lost 95bb in the hand. Very next hand with my remaining 60bb I had AJ, got commited on a 5AT9 vs TT. Not long after that I ran into an other AA with AKs, we got it in preflop which was probably a mistake, but I think I had the equity.

Over all I have lost 1/4 of my BR in 5 days, and thats with rakeback+$30 bonus. I still have 30BI left for NL10 and I really really hope I won't have to move back to NL5 when I hit 20BI...

Thanks for the encouragement!
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      @Toby: probably a bit :D But of course that's not due to tilt. But rather tilt was due to that :P
      yeah :) i wasnt suggesting that your whole ev graph was like that because of tilt :D
    • poger8
      poger8
      Silver
      caltabiano's picture is impressive, though I saw pictures much worse. Maybe there should be a topic with all this scary stuff, so anytime anyone in distress can go there and relax a little. I don't know if my interest in poker would survive such swings, but every time I start considering my poker future, PS reluctantly gives me a helping hand :)