who actually runs this?

• coreynz
      who runs this site and where is it based???lots of claims about being legitamite but i cant find no information to back this up? i would like to know b4 i even consider sending a copy of my id. some good videos but all the posts are people complaining which seems very dodgy....
  • 15 replies
    • lennonac
      Do you think if it was dodgy it would have been around for so long?

PokerStrategy have never asked me for anything
      And there is alot of complaining because this site helps beginners
    • Jackalof
      Pokerstrategy business model

"All the posts are people complaining..."

No, it's only you complaining. Check "Our successes" thread and many more. This ite is kind and generous, but has it's limits and therefore will not cooperate with offensive people. Good luck at the tables.
    • coreynz
      so once again replys have answered nothing and just talked around the questions...
    • coreynz
      so im being offensive to ask who runs the site and where its based??????
    • GunFlavoured
      Originally posted by coreynz
      all the posts are people complaining which seems very dodgy....
      Try looking a little harder, most people at this site have recieved the $50 and a lot have made a fair bit of money. The ID check is just to prevent fraud, if you're worried just blank out any sensitive info. What can they do with a name and address?
    • NickParkes
      PS is based in Gibraltar and run by some very nice people that got me and many many others started in poker... it;s really up to you if you wanna get your $50, I understand why people get sceptical... but really, noone is gonna be assking you for money at any point, they just wanna know that you are who you say you are...
    • METALzx
      So you registered yesterday and you are impatient... hmm that makes topics like this :D
    • Sazchu
      Originally posted by METALzx
      So you registered yesterday and you are impatient... hmm that makes topics like this :D
      I don't see how he's beeing impatient, he's beeing sceptical as he's not sure if the site can be trusted and wants to know who runs it and where it's based, which NickParkes answered.
    • One12ver
      Who run it and where is it? The company is PokerStrategy and I have no idea if there is a parent company. The have a office in Gibralter(?spelling) just like many other well known poker and betting companies. You can send your ID and cover any reg. #, all they need is your name, address and birth date or atleast that is what I sent and everything worked out fine. Also, PS has over 2m members so I dont this they are messing around and only want to avoid trouble by not giving money to minors or US residents.
      And yes when all is ok with your ID you do get 50$ to play at any site you choose from the list.

• the72hammer
      Hi there,

This is actually my first post, here on the boards.

I can understand that people think that PS is a bit dodgy ... which other site gives you $50 after filling out a quiz??

But the truth is what it is ... you get $50 ... it takes a couple of days, but you actually get it. I got them.

If you search around a bit, you'll get to know a lot about PS ... they operate from Gibraltar (a location where a couple of thousand people work in the gambling industy). And their business model is pretty simple (I guess it's pretty hard to actually do it though:)

You play good poker, and they earn money from that. That's how the poker-business works ... as a player the poker-rooms earn money from the rakes. PokerStrategy earns money by getting a little piece back from those rakes.

They can only continue to get rake if their players make profit. That's why they give so much learning-material. And the better you play, the more material and support you'll get (because then they'll earn money from you).

Once they deposit that initial $50 dollars onto your account, their money is gone, and can only hope you make profit.

There are no strings attached ... you don't want to play again, you stop. And they lost their money. That's the risk they take. On the other hand, if you play well, they earn good money (over a long term), which doesn't cost you any more than if you sign up with a poker-room yourself.

It's really a win-win situation. And if there's somebody to lose money, it's going to be them, not you.

Koen, the72hammer<
    • Maria21
      just in case no one else except me actually read the terms of service Pokerstrategy is run by Swerford Holdings Limited, 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar. I'm pretty sure it's in the first couple of lines....
      Always read the ToS when signing up for somerthing
    • Waiboy
      That nz suffix looks strangely sexy...

coreynz. The site is legit. It gives you free moniez and then teaches you how not to lose it. If you are really disciplined and study as you should, you will cane it.

• chipcracky
      why is it that important who is running this, the important thing is that this forum rocks! :)
    • Berkstajger
      Originally posted by the72hammer
      I can understand that people think that PS is a bit dodgy ... which other site gives you $50 after filling out a quiz??
      Well, to be completely true, there are or were quite a few offers either directly from pokersites either through their affiliates which enabled you some amount of free capital without a quiz. Still, PS has a lot more added value to the 50$ you get, so it's certainly worth a try. And for the OP - look at the our success and players' blog section...
    • FineWork

From left to right:3rd guy