[NL2-NL10] NL10 67s

• Skeat
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($10)
      Button ($10.10)
      SB ($10.60)
      BB ($4.50)
      UTG ($10.80)
      MP1 ($11.20)
      Hero (MP2) ($36.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7, 6
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, Button calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 3, 10, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, Button calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.15) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, Button calls $1.30

River: ($4.75) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, Button raises to $7, Hero raises to $10.50, Button calls $0.80 (All-In)

Total pot: $20.35 | Rake: $1

Villain is unknown.

What should I think here?
      He is either chasing something or slowplaying.
      A set I beat, a flush probably not. With the river a FH is also possible.
      Maybe just call the river after he raises? Or just check/call?
      Folding preflop is wrong, right?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Folding preflop isn't "wrong" from MP, you'll be out of position a lot when you get to play it and such a hand doesn't play too well against the BB halfstacker, so if he's defending loose and is hard to maneuver postflop (like if he's donking out every time or never folding to a c-bet) it's probably even better to fold it. The 3bet% of all the players behind you is also a factor.

As played i'd bet a bit more on the turn since our hand is still vulnerable to 1 spade redraws.

On the river against an unknown betting out is still better than checking in my opinion. When he minraises it sucks because we're getting great odds, but really he needs to be insane both to bluff and value raise worse hands than ours there. If you have any reason to believe he has absolutely no idea what he's doing you have to shove, if you have respect for his game you can fold. If you're stuck somewhere in-between flip a coin, neither calling nor folding can be faulted. I wouldn't shove even for the 10bb left in that case tho, it's just increasing variance.

Hope it helps.