CO: $6.03
      BTN: $20.59
      Hero (SB): $9.60
      BB: $15.22
      UTG: $31.83
      MP: $7.93

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 9 :spade: Q :heart:
      UTG calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.30) Q :club: 7 :heart: 9 :diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, BB folds

Turn: ($0.90) 6 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2.00, UTG raises to $6.90, Hero raises to $9.20 all in, UTG calls $2.30

River: ($19.30) 5 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Unless UTG/BB or both are fishy i wouldn't even complete Q9o, we tend to complete too many hands in the worst position at the table, so unless you think you have a clear skill advantage, playing a limped pot with a hand like Q9 that will either flop a marginal top pair, two pairs on a drawy texture, or some kind of straight that will rarely be to the nuts is just asking for troubles.

As played on the flop i would either lead out pot in most situations and maybe check/raise against aggressive players that i think will go broke with a top pair. We have top two but it's by no means a lock on the hand so slowplaying isn't that appealing.

As played on the turn our line looks even stronger than if we had check/raised the flop so he's less likely to put a lot of money in with Qx now. He can have worse two pairs or 8x for pair + OESD but i'm not sure he'd 3bet them depending on how bad he is. T8 is possible if he's aggro enough to pot a draw on the flop. Hard to say without reads at that point, it's probably not a horrible mistake to fold or shove but you're likely better off not getting into that spot against an unknown to begin with, putting money in on the flop is better.

Hope it helps.