Rebuilding my roll for summer grind.

• 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      Move to the 4th page of this blog for new updates. Thats where the real preparation starts for the sumemr grind.

Well, i doubt even 1 person remembers my last blog here. To make last story short: i played Hu sng's then up to 50$ turbos. Later i played some tournaments, cashed in about 5000$ in profits. Played some FR Nl25, made some profit, cashed out all again :) . I am one of those persons that just loves to spend money on clothes and sports shoes :) .
      I made a promise to myself not to make a deposit on anypoker site again. So i am left with 13$ on FT and about 10$ on PS.
      Well some days ago i had 140$ left, but iwas playing super turbo Hu sngs on FT and run superb, haha not really. 50 buyins seems to be not enough there.
      I need to play 1000 HU sngs till end of november, but if i keep running i was this week i will go busto today.
      I currently have only 13$ in my account, but i tend to have 10$ more as i am close to clearing 10$ from my bonus.
      I will stick to15 buyins BRM for 1$ and 2$ Hu sngs, 20 for 6.25 and 30 for 11$ ones. I doubt i will get any higher till end of november.
      i will report today at noon, till then i need to play a bit, hope i will not run at -30% ROI as i did for last 50 games i played.

Which are those satelites, that gives you t$ when u unregister if u suceed in a satelite? I still have 1500 points to spend.
      oh and did i mention, after i come to 11$ Hu sngs i will certainly move either to 6max or Hu cash NL.
  • 70 replies
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      New post: i am BAD. I played very tired, i just cannot play till noon today. I was actually down 2 buyins after 71 games. Great, i used to beat 33$ turbos, now i am loosing at 1$ ones. Haha. Well we all know how much of a sample 71 games is. :D
      Tomorrow plans:
      -make a shake with milk and bananas when woke up, grind and play 50 more HU sng's, learn for exam i have on friday, and agian grind about 50 games. I really hope i can get soon on 2$ games. This Hu sng's are getting not so funny they were a day before :D . If i will be breakeven for next 75 games i think i will switch to limit 0.5/0.10 :f_cry:

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      where do you find the motivation to start from micro limits? don't you think it's a waste of time? I mean you were playing $50!!! I would deposit some $ and play maybe $10 but definitely wouldn't start from $1.

Don't get me wrong I understand your arguments for starting from zero but you proved it already by reaching and beating the medium limits that you can play hu. I once came to NL100 cash game and cashout all the money so I had to start from NL10. I played with aggressive brm and I reached NL100 within two months.

I wish you all the best and I really hope you'll crush the micro limits so you can advance to your regular one. Take care.
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      I dont know. I always liked some sort of challenge. Doesnt feel great after u acomplish that big goal, where u started from pure bottom.
      I mean, when u achieve what u wanted and look back to the very beginning from where u climbed.
      We all play to earn some $$$ but we also play because we like this game :)
      Time to grind again.
      X( I found out i dont have any more bananas. So no shake today. X(
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      So i have played a bit more, i did manage to win 2 satelites to the dailiy double A and B so thats 22$ more in my account. I still cannot beat 1$ Hu sngs, which is dissapointing.
      I probably cannot make right adjustments to this players. I have a feeling that i am stupid enoug to call their shoves with AJ, where i am flippin most of the time.
      But surely i cannot be so bad that i run at -12% ROI over 100 games ;(
      Thank FT for bonuses and t$ :9. This way i can play 2$ turbo Hu sng's now :D .
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      Yesterday i tilted. Was close to destroying my G15 keyboard, which costed me almost 80€. I lost 6 buyins in Hu sngs due to crazy connection problems and FT freezing all the time, when PS worked allright :rolleyes: .
      And then 2 more because of tilt, that i lost 6buyins :) . So i didnt have any other choice that start playing .5/.10 fixed limit holdem. I continued on .1/.2 later (not quite rolled i know, but still i had 200BB).
      Tried another shot at 275 FPP daily double A and didnt won it, being card dead till i need to shove contributed to that a lot :D
      I also cleared 10$ of my bonus, so i am now at 65$.
      I am thinking of playing some 2$+.25 9 or 6man SNG's, if i see my connection is stable enough (damn wireless connection).
      If i reach 100$ soon enough i will take some shots at NL5 FR.
      [FONT=tahoma][Size=16][COLOR=red]Br=65$[/FONT][/SIZE][/color]
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      HELLO!... I was waiting for an update to your old blog but I guess I can see why it died :f_biggrin: ... anyways this is an interesting challenge will be interested to see where you get.. another player did something like this but actually had $0 in his PS account and just took advantage of how well you can spend FPPs... sadly FTP is lacking in this department a little bit.
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      Hehe.
      Well i hope to be mroe seriosu this time, when my BR gros a bit i will past some more interesting hands, i might include laso some sort of blog of my real life :D

Anyway i am progressing little by little. I will now switch to 9 tabling NL5 FR as i am quite tired of those Hu sngs. I might return to play them if i get in the right mood.
      Yesterday during UEFA championship league i runned really bad. And i skip the match between Barca vs Inter, to make some additional $$$. I made progress indeed, but it wasnt in right direction :evil: I lost about 5 buyins playing 2$ 9man sng's. But today i cleared another 10$ of my account, and i took some shots at 6$ Hu sngs.
      i run at about 7.5% ROI only, which is dissapointing, but at least i didnt lost money. I am still waiting for huge upswing thoguh :D
      i am reading blogs of others and all i see is, the majority of them had big upswing in the beginning... But not me. Well maybe i will hit it the very moment i move to higher buyins :s_biggrin:
      I wont post an update here till saturday, as i have an exam on friday and its about time i learn that bussiness mathematics, or whatever its called.
      So no more playing till friday. I already wish my FT shortcuts still worked, no idea why it isnt working anymore, i thought it coems with an updates for 1 year, but it doesnt seem to worky after FT changed their software ;(
      if anyone knows for a good program like Table ninja, that would work on FT, please let me know ?(

[SIZE=16]BR=$112[/SIZE]
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      Yesterday i crawled my way up to 150$.
      Today I thought i would took a short break from learning for exam and fire up some Hu sngs.
      I clearly run hootter than chuck norris himself.. well not really.
      Good to know that at least some are running hot, whiel FT hates me :) On top of that i lost 2 buyins again from friking disconection problems :(

• 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      Okay, it finally seems i am running and playing better now. I adjsuted to this level (finally) and am playing pretty much only ABC, although i sometimes adjsut to opponents and make huge bluffs and just looking for every value bet i can find.
      Now seriously, time to learn, exam is tommorow 4pm, i still have liek 10h+ to learn until then, so no worries, i hope to my self at least, as it helps make me calm. I really hate math alot.
      Here is the overall graph on my 6$ turbo Hu sngs since i started this project, i am runnig at 4% ROI, expected ROI is at 9.5%. Now i only wait to come on the right end of the equity :]
      Today i looked some drama movie, about a guy moving into somewhere in aljaska where he died, i think its Into the aljaska or wild, not sure which one lol... I must say i hate such movies, i am more into comedies and documentation series.
      Thats all.
      ps: Oh i heard i need to clear my bonus till 30nd november on FT, and then we get another one? Can someone confirm this? I already received 100$ bonus 14days ago, am i going to recieve another one?
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I don't see how you can be complaining when you doubled your bankroll in 3days -.-
    • Janchiks97
      Janchiks97
      Bronze
      Your my hero :f_biggrin:

On what poker site are you playing ? And tell us the secret of winning :D
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      Hey. ty for inspiration :D
      I am playing on Fulltilt, turbo Hu sng's mainly, but i am adding also some cash game and turbo sng's.
      I have some experience from playing poker from before, so its not like i started from zero knowledge in this challenge.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I guess it seems like your running good though. :f_biggrin:

I finally found what i was best at today and its also HU SNG. After 2 months of trying pretty much every NL HE game im back to HU sng lol.

GL at the tables :D I won't be playing against you though since im playing at pokerstars.

it's a shame pokerstars doesn't have turbo HU though because when the blinds rise to 25/50 is when i really start crushing other players.
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      Yes, u can gain quite a big +% in ROI when blinds get bigger and u exploit villain mistakes by not adapting to it accordingly.

And i wouldnt say i run good though, at least not accordingly to allin EV..... I run at 5% ROI which is closer to disastrously bad for me in 6$ buyins.
      Overall graph of those... Why do i have a feeling if it went as it should be, i would be playing 11$ turbos tomorrow? But now i will need to stick for about 2 days where i am atm.
      Oh and i think i got that new swine flu, it sucks, i can barely watch on the lcd, so no more poker for today, i need a 10 hour sleep at least instead of the usual 6 hour one.
      [SIZE=16]Br=$166[/SIZE]

2 or 3 more days and i am back to gold yupi.. And then not long till platinum, and diamond i hope.
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      D... this flu is killing me, not literally, but i cannot play during incredibly fishy times. One guy just called me with 45 on the river, on KT723 board, for half of his chips :O . I was like "oh crap" when he called, as i had 89 but then all chips went to me.
      I think i get the flue yesterday during the exam.... and now its costing me 10$/h when i dont play.... u can see my hourly is pretty okay for 6$ buyins, i am playing from 2-4 tables currently, but when i am on 11$ i think i wont play more than 3 although players are not so much better.
      [SIZE=16]BR=$200[/SIZE]
      i hope u can see the picture if u click on it, otherwise let me know if u would just rather see big picturehere instead of clicking on minor one first.
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      OMG i am updating my blog twice per day :evil:
      But i tohught its time for an update, as i am moving to 11$ Hu turbo sng's tomorrow, well maybe even today, but i doubt i will feel like playing.
      I will rather watch alpine skiing and survivor, that show is great. I hate shows such as big brother or other crazy reality shows, but i absolutely love survivor, brutality and sheer power for survival attracts me alot. Many times i am wondering how would it be, if i lived back in time, like crusader's time in medieval age :)
      I would have my own horse and probably be somebadass thief with swift leather armor with +2 on assasination and +3 on stealth and +30% on speed att :f_cool: as i dont see my self in corrupted king's army. :D
      Damn now i got sucked into playing empire total war or dragon age origins.....again...here goes my sweet sleep for the night :D
      Anyway [SIZE=16]BR=$260[/SIZE]

I really feel i have tremendous advantage over players in 6$ tables as general play is really bad. By now i can say i have a great feeling how to get the most value for my hand depending on opponent, but i also think i have run better in terms of how good cards i got dealt lately than i did in first 100 games.
      Hopefully i do my best in 11$ and i can move up to 22$ after that in matter of days. But if i need to move down to 6$ it won be over the world, as i had beat that limit and i can do it again, i am positive of that.
      My mini downswing from the beggining of the challenge is finally over (yes, downswing is not only when u r loosing alot, but also when u run bad imo, specially if u r breakeven when u know u are better skilleed than villains) and i wait the new one with big anticipation, bring it FT, i can do it! I have come through it many times before and i will in future.
      PS: we won today in our winter futsal league. Now we have 4 points after 3 games, hopefully in the end we are in top5 teams which would be great.
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      Hey. Time for short update. Yesterday i had family lunch so i didnt played alot, and when i wanted i was having problems with internet connection....yes again :rolleyes:
      I lost 3 buyins due to it, but it didnt bothered me at all.
      my graph is now going into right direction. I am playing 3 tables now at 11$ buyins, and i have almost cleared the bonus here, so actuall rake back is coming this friday :D
      I also withdrew 50$ and put it on stars, just so that i can play in depositors freerolls, which are happening till mid of december.
      My graph of 6$ and 11$ combined is below.
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze

Going up steadily :D Although i have 10 or 9 incompleted Hu games, thats actually the times my FT client frooze and i couldnt get back in time so i donated some $$$ to donkeys there so they have some more to play against me next time. I absolutely adore the ones that check/raise me with second pair. They are overly agressive and i just call their reriase on a nice board, and kaboom, they bet out on the turn so they commit themselves :) Easy money...
      [SIZE=16]BR=$400[/SIZE]
      And Br on stars= $45, Nl2 6max while 24 tabling... not so good idea if i am used to FR only :) so i lost about 4 buyins.
      Played 450 Hu sngs so far, i hope to add another 100 or at least 50 today. maybe i can move to 22$ when i have about $675 in my BR, thats around 2 more days of heavy grinding if it goes as planned... but we all know where planing how much to earn gets us in poker.. It leads to depression and misbelief in our skills. So i will try not to be profit oriented untill i actually reach $675
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      Well today was... .SWINGY!!! See it below. Thats poker i believe. I run as supposed, but i just got into some nasty coolers, or setups, where either of us couldnt have folded, OESD+FD+2overs against set, and 2 pair vs higher two pair, jada jada jada (what the heck does that even mean).
      Overall I played really poor. That bothers me alot. I know i would be probably 5 buyins up if i played my a game, but instead i was jsut mindless robot. But hey, i played 149 HU's today. I earned 10$/h which is not so good, but hey, i could be breakeven or so.
      i need to focus mroe when i am playing and not watch Athe while he plays, although he is hilarious, but i still dont like him, he is such an attention whore.