Fixed Limit Starting Point

• corsc
      corsc
      Silver
      Hi,

I was wondering if an members could please share their opinion to a newbie :)

I have passed the test for the No Limit section and am now looking at which site to sign up.

While doing some research into the sites I got confused and now in need of some guidance.

From what I can tell, Party Poker, Mansion and Titan seem to be the best for me but I am really not sure and a little worried that some reviews/sites claim that some of them have little or no Fixed Limit play or no low stakes play (im planning to follow the BRM).

Does anyone have experience with starting out on Fixed Limit and are willing to comments on the different sites?

Thanks in Advance.
  • 5 replies
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      the party poker bonus is really hard to clear playing micro stakes FL, though you would have to ask someone else about how easy it is to clear the titan bonus. Also if your in north America your better off playing party poker, and if your in Europe titan is better for your timezone (at least if your talking about peak traffic)
    • corsc
      corsc
      Silver
      thanks for the info.

sadly im in the middle in australia :)

Does anyone have play stats for australian/asian timezones, GMT+8?
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Firstly, commiserations on being in Australia.

However, you have more than made up for it by picking to play the game they play in Heaven.. when they've had a few beers and feel like some gamble... hmm.

Anyway, iPoker is a great place to start as clearing the bonus is a lot easier there than most other sites and the traffic should be okay for you in the evenings. Once you've sorted yourself out and moved up a couple of limits (say 40 - 50k hands at a guess) you should check out some of the bigger sites ie PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker or Party Poker.

Good luck!
    • corsc
      corsc
      Silver
      haha..

thanks for the reply, one final (potentially stupid) question.

By ipoker are you referring to Titan or one of the others in the ipoker network?

Thanks
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Titan poker is the best of all iPoker platforms... even though pokerstrategy has 3 iPoker platforms linked to them (Titan, Mansion, Bet365).