What did u start with?

• MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      Hello PS :)

I know some of u recieved the 50$ free bankroll capital.. But what did u start playing with it?

I have my 50$ on cake-poker. So it would be nice to hear what u played to get your bankroll started.. Did u play 2.2$ DoN's, NL10? NL4? yeah?

What? :)

And.. What do you think is the best way to start playing with the 50$?
  • 17 replies
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      NL10 SSS is a good way to start, just remember to stick to the graphs and BRM imo
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Start with SSS at NL10, then study/grind like a monkey boy.

Or start with FL at $.10/$.20, then study/grind like a monkey boy.

GL!
    • MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      WOW! Thx for the quick answer's guys :)

Well im not much fan of short-stacking, but maybe ill give it ago somewhere along the road.. (now? :) )

I think the best way is to grind 2,2$ DON and live of the bonus/rakeback until the bankroll reaches some more healthy status0.

What du you guys think of that?
    • roshanparanoid
      roshanparanoid
      Bronze
      well i got my capital today on ps today only played mainly 1$ double up and few 5$ one . NOw it has reached 70$. plz tell me is playing 5$ double p is a good idea or should i stick to 1$ for a time. I tried to play 4 sng at a time and tries to won atleast 2-3 of them
    • MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      @ roshanparanoid

I think you should play the 1$ until u get at least 100$ - And then maybe play the 2$ if Pokerstars have those.

:)
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Started with NL2 BSS. Most important is to stick to BRM and learn. GL
    • MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      Cake-Poker does not have NL2 and that's a shame :(

I think i will play 2.2$ Double-Ups - I figured if i play around 1000 of them pr. month i will make fairly good earnings from bonus/rakeback.
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      As far as I can remember I immediately played $3.50 superturbos, and got really really lucky... however every time I try play them now I lose more than I put in. So I definitely wouldn't recommed it with only $50..
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hey there,

Well i started out playing my fishy strategy thinking $50 free yesssssssssss! But then i actually started playing SSS to do some bonus clearing. I cleared my bonus relatively quick and also made some money ;) , however at times it was kinda boring. Then moved to BSS and now im playing NL25 BSS SH :)

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      SSS a little, than SNG's than BSS than FL than BSS than FL than SNG's and i will probably stick to them for a while since i really feel that there is money to be made here and i can beat the game.
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      I blew my $50 in highly interesting and spectacular fashion, often sticking it all on one table of N:50 or NL100. My fondest memory is of being on tilt and going all in with A7 off suit and winning a 4-way all in with A high.

Please, PLEASE stick to the bankroll management poker strategy advises. If you don't know what bankroll management is, please read the very first strategy article again.
    • sukar1989
      sukar1989
      Global
      i will start playing 25/50 cents no limit 6 max game, and tight is right is not good strategy here i ll play by my feeling and try to know every player on table..... i ll make 500 $ in few hours and then i ll cashout 400 lol
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sukar1989
      i will start playing 25/50 cents no limit 6 max game, and tight is right is not good strategy here i ll play by my feeling and try to know every player on table..... i ll make 500 $ in few hours and then i ll cashout 400 lol
      [ ] Gets it.
    • venzaa
      venzaa
      Bronze
      I played 0.05/0.10 and a few 1$ sngs (one of them I finished fourth :<) and was like 17$ ahead, now I'm back to 53 or 54$ because I was drunk last night and decided to play =( Don't do this! But I'm planning on winning some cash tonight ;-)
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      SSS NL10. I think if you're new to online poker this is the easiest way to start. Definitely follow BRM but maybe even a more conservative one. I lost 30BI in my current downswing in 4 sessions.

good luck
    • MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      Well i really dosn't matter anymore.

I really followed BRM strategy, but 50$ and running worse than ever gave me the final punsh.. now im struggling with af 5$ BR and trying to doble that, and then wait for about 10$ in rakeback :(

Its typical that the downswing will hit when ur really trying!
    • LOncleSoul
      LOncleSoul
      Silver
      fl imo