This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

What did u start with?

• MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      Hello PS :)

I know some of u recieved the 50$ free bankroll capital.. But what did u start playing with it?

I have my 50$ on cake-poker. So it would be nice to hear what u played to get your bankroll started.. Did u play 2.2$ DoN's, NL10? NL4? yeah?

What? :)

And.. What do you think is the best way to start playing with the 50$?
  • 17 replies
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      NL10 SSS is a good way to start, just remember to stick to the graphs and BRM imo
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Start with SSS at NL10, then study/grind like a monkey boy.

Or start with FL at $.10/$.20, then study/grind like a monkey boy.

GL!
    • MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      WOW! Thx for the quick answer's guys :)

Well im not much fan of short-stacking, but maybe ill give it ago somewhere along the road.. (now? :) )

I think the best way is to grind 2,2$ DON and live of the bonus/rakeback until the bankroll reaches some more healthy status0.

What du you guys think of that?
    • roshanparanoid
      roshanparanoid
      Bronze
      well i got my capital today on ps today only played mainly 1$ double up and few 5$ one . NOw it has reached 70$. plz tell me is playing 5$ double p is a good idea or should i stick to 1$ for a time. I tried to play 4 sng at a time and tries to won atleast 2-3 of them
    • MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      @ roshanparanoid

I think you should play the 1$ until u get at least 100$ - And then maybe play the 2$ if Pokerstars have those.

:)
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Started with NL2 BSS. Most important is to stick to BRM and learn. GL
    • MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      Cake-Poker does not have NL2 and that's a shame :(

I think i will play 2.2$ Double-Ups - I figured if i play around 1000 of them pr. month i will make fairly good earnings from bonus/rakeback.
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      As far as I can remember I immediately played $3.50 superturbos, and got really really lucky... however every time I try play them now I lose more than I put in. So I definitely wouldn't recommed it with only $50..
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hey there,

Well i started out playing my fishy strategy thinking $50 free yesssssssssss! But then i actually started playing SSS to do some bonus clearing. I cleared my bonus relatively quick and also made some money ;) , however at times it was kinda boring. Then moved to BSS and now im playing NL25 BSS SH :)

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      SSS a little, than SNG's than BSS than FL than BSS than FL than SNG's and i will probably stick to them for a while since i really feel that there is money to be made here and i can beat the game.
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      I blew my $50 in highly interesting and spectacular fashion, often sticking it all on one table of N:50 or NL100. My fondest memory is of being on tilt and going all in with A7 off suit and winning a 4-way all in with A high.

Please, PLEASE stick to the bankroll management poker strategy advises. If you don't know what bankroll management is, please read the very first strategy article again.
    • sukar1989
      sukar1989
      Global
      i will start playing 25/50 cents no limit 6 max game, and tight is right is not good strategy here i ll play by my feeling and try to know every player on table..... i ll make 500 $ in few hours and then i ll cashout 400 lol
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sukar1989
      i will start playing 25/50 cents no limit 6 max game, and tight is right is not good strategy here i ll play by my feeling and try to know every player on table..... i ll make 500 $ in few hours and then i ll cashout 400 lol
      [ ] Gets it.
    • venzaa
      venzaa
      Bronze
      I played 0.05/0.10 and a few 1$ sngs (one of them I finished fourth :<) and was like 17$ ahead, now I'm back to 53 or 54$ because I was drunk last night and decided to play =( Don't do this! But I'm planning on winning some cash tonight ;-)
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      SSS NL10. I think if you're new to online poker this is the easiest way to start. Definitely follow BRM but maybe even a more conservative one. I lost 30BI in my current downswing in 4 sessions.

good luck
    • MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      Well i really dosn't matter anymore.

I really followed BRM strategy, but 50$ and running worse than ever gave me the final punsh.. now im struggling with af 5$ BR and trying to doble that, and then wait for about 10$ in rakeback :(

Its typical that the downswing will hit when ur really trying!
    • LOncleSoul
      LOncleSoul
      Silver
      fl imo