Need Help

• Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Need help. I deposited $600 which is alot of money for me to participate in the first deposit bonus bringing my bankroll to $818 and it hasnt been good thus far. I just can't beat NL25. I can beat NL2, Nl5 and NL10 but NL25 just kills me. I play BSS FR. I have been pretty unlucky but also some poor play on my part. My bankroll is now $658. I am -$708 on NL25 according to PT3. I need tips urgently. I have cleared $40 of the $600 bonus and I am earning VPPS at a good rate. Should make it to Silverstar by the end of the month easily but at the end of the day, being a winning player is my priority instead of all this Bonus bullshit. What am I doing wrong? Wouldnt mind a coach/mentor to support me through this tough time. I'm from Australia which is GMT +10.
  • 6 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Hi Joronamo;

I have just 1 advice:
      move down!

Oh, and one more: if you deposit your own money to get bonus etc, dont count them as BR and withdraw them once you clear bonus. In other words: you wouldnt play NL25 with $218 when you made deposit...

Forget about VPP, ranks and focus on your game/WR/enjoyment... play this game because you like it and all extra money form RB/bonuses will come.

Good luck!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey Joronamo,

I have to agree with opal. Play to improve your game and because u enjoy it. Not to chase bonus's. IMO you should only try clear a bonus if you can beat that limit and can clear it comfortably on that limit whilst beating it.

I'm also from Australia.
      Add me on skype: justkyle88
      Msn: justkyle88@hotmail.com

Regards,

Kyle.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Thanks Opal and Kyle. Kyle I already have you on skype remember!? But I would appreciate it if you would coach me and I think its perfect that you live in australia and are on PS so convienice will be good for both of us. Opal I think your right but the reason I deposited $600 is because I wanted to stop playing NL10 because its so boring and doesnt earn enough VPPs. Its too late now that I've already deposited. I still have 6 months to clear it. Do you reckon with $658 in the bank, playing NL10 again, 4-6 tables 500 hands a day possible more, I could clear it?
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      You said yourself that being a winning player is more important than clearing a bonus. So forget about that bonus for now and start workig on your game on NL10.
      There is no point in getting bonus when you are at the same time loosing while playing.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      but the reason I deposited $600 is because I wanted to stop playing NL10 because its so boring and doesn't earn enough VPPs.
      I had the same problem on NL10. I was break-even over 50k hands so I know how you feel. But if you can't beat a limit, there should be no reason to move up.
      The only reason I moved up to NL25 was because I was confident I was beating the game even though I was break-even. (too many SSSers at NL10)
      But I'd be more than happy to talk through some poker with you :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      Do you reckon with $658 in the bank, playing NL10 again, 4-6 tables 500 hands a day possible more, I could clear it?
      Yes & Yes!

1. you def should move down to NL10.. I can't see 1 good reason no to do it.

2. if you play 4-6 tables & 500 hands / day, you can play NL200 in 6 months for sure, so you clear that bonus much sooner you think. Why do you count it as you're going to stay at NL10 forever?