$53.20
      UTG1:
      $48.25
      UTG2:
      $64.70
      MP1:
      $84.55

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2, 2.
      UTG1 calls $0.50, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 9, 7, 9 (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG1 checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: ($2) 2 (4 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BB raises to $3.50, UTG1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $8.50, BB raises to $17.50, Hero raises to $67.05, BB calls $35.20.

River: ($120.25) 8 (0 players)
      BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $85.05.
  • 5 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

as this an unraised pot, 97 and 77, maybe 99 (unlikely) are hands which lie very well within his range. BUT also hands like T8 in spades.
      Once he 4-bets you on a blank for him, I asume that your hand is most probably dead.
      Your 5-bet achieves nothing imo.
      Maybe you can just call his raise on turn and donk/call on that river.
      Hard to fold a full, but in unraised pots people don't rarely bluff multiway on that kind of boards.

Let's see what the judges think.

What did he have? My guess is really 97 where he checks flop and hopes someone hits something.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      your read is good

:f_cry:

97 it was

I figured that he might be slowplaying trips or a big straight flush draw, looking for a checkraise on the flop.

When I look back at the hand, I like the flat call as well, but when he shoves the river, it's still hard to fold! Since I know that I'm a payoff wizard, isn't it a bit of a negative freeroll if I just flat the 4 bet and donk the river, since I'd lose value from a sfd that misses on the river?

:f_confused:
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

I was not talking of flatting the 4-bet.
      I was talking of flatting his raise, so you keep flush/straight draws in.
      On river you can consider a check/call or donk/call, because flush/straight completes which he can raise.
      You're right, that if he shoves river it's very hard to fold.
      I once had nearly the same hand, where my villain flopped quads and checked and I got a full on turn... That's just a setup i guess.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      Ah... just flat the 2bet...

seems pretty tentative, but it does mean that, if villain wants to play a big pot, we can control the potsize with our underfull.

I had also seen this player limp with AA utg, so I had the aces in his range.. But the thinking TAG should be able to put him on 97 and put the brakes on on the turn and play for pot control.

I was playing HU with my dad for bragging rights a couple days ago. I flopped bottom set and he middle pair. We got about 20% of our stacks in on the flop, then the turn gave him trips and we got all in. The river gave him quads. Sick hand!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if player is passive then you can consider bet/calling turn and then c/c river, but I think he would play 9x the same way as 97/77/99 so I don´t mind 3-bet turn and get all-in if he 4-bets