Party Poker

• Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      If nobody wants to start, I will give it a try :D

What do you think about PartyPoker? Since when do you have an account there? What kind of limits do you play normally? What do you think about the software/support/etc.? What do you think about your opponents? Feel free to discuss! :)

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
  • 66 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      How lazy to copy-paste the same message 3 times for all poker rooms :D

I am pretty satisfied with partypoker as software/support and there are enough loose players to make money from. My only complaint is the lack of enough FR tables on higher limits (There is a huge gap between NL200 and NL1000)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hehe...yes I was lazy :D

Why dont you switch to shorthanded tables? Are there any problems with that? I think on shorthanded tables you can find more bad players than on fullring tables. Am I wrong?
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      I do play SH , but i play SSS as well and for that i also need FR tables :/
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      I can't help but feel that short stacking SH tables (not using the SSS of course) should be wildly profitable, but it's instatilt for me with any stack so someone else is going to have to do the experiment.
    • WarGawd
      WarGawd
      Bronze
      Playing on Party ~2mths now. Software seems ok, but I would prefer it remembers my table filters from session to session. Also, unless I just haven't discovered how, I'd like to be able to adjust my table position appearance, as I do on Pokerstars...the resulting disorganization severly limits my ability to multitable.

Would like to see the introduction of regular (non-speed) SNG's below $3

Opponents very fishy usually..still trying to establish my best playing times/conditions. I think it's ABSURD that I can go +900 BB (yes, you read correctly, anyone else experience this??) in a single 5 hour session of 4-tabling (even with the above noted distraction)

Cheers
      WarGawd
    • Werdna
      Werdna
      Bronze
      There definetely seem to be good times and bad times.

In afternoons it seems that there are a lot more SSS players than evenings/mornings.

AND in the afternoon there seem to be a lot of players who just sit around without playing or just leave all of a sudden in groups which is annoying when playing SSS and needing a full table...
    • uni05mz
      uni05mz
      Bronze
      Party Poker is rigged.
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      Oh yeah my saturday night live game is rigged as well I lost my stack three times with set over set last game. Bet its those new fournier decks.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Tonight I had doubled up 3 times and got Aces in my last hand. Always preflop All-In and I lost all three hands. :(

But still I like Party Poker. :)
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      The software is OK, nothing special but nothing very bad either, I like to play with the Pokerstrategy tablelayout :D

I started playing at NL10 SSS (in april) and was quickly down about 10 SSS-buy-in's. Then I became a silver member and quickly changed to BSS where I could easily beat the opponents making 40-50 BB/100. So I went up to NL10 which I recently started to make good profit at (15-20 BB/100). So now I'm playing to get to NL25. Sometimes I still play NL5 because it's simply more profitable to play at that level but after an hour or something I quit playing because of the bad plays my opponents make (calling lowest pair on flop, medium kicker till showdown :rolleyes: )

Does anyone here knows how big the difference is between playing NL10 and NL25 ??? ($15.... I know.... :D )
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Is ParyPoker down for the moment or is it me?
    • Phisherman
      Phisherman
      Black
      it was down earlier for maintenance, works just fine for me atm
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Same here now, tnx 4 the quick reply
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      PartyPoker is messin' up with the date. It's 1jan 1970 today as they say, so watch out if u're importing handhistory's because they are in the database under that date.

Well I have this problem right now at least...someone else noticed it?
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      A lot of 2+2 noticed it. I'm wondering what else is wrong, and whether it's worth skipping a day or two until it's fixed.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      I've already imported ~800 hands, is there a way to change the date quickly? :rolleyes:
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Note to self: cashing out some of your roll then sending an e-mail to party about how you're disappointed by the bug and will be playing elsewhere until it's fixed is fine, but do it in that order.

First time a cashout hasn't been authorised for me within an hour or two since my first one :(

...on that note... is it fixed? I just played a hand of a stud to test and got a date in this year.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Oh wow, the new promotion is... just read it all at http://www.partypoker.com/news/grind/

The time limits on the bonuses are sick but the overall value is something else. I'm wondering if I'll be able to do 3000 party points in three days without throwing up...
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Why 3000? You just need 300. :)