Stacks:
      UTG ($59.19)
      CO ($75.34)
      BTN ($43.84)
      SB ($10.45)
      Hero (BB) ($49.78)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is BB 2:club: 2:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.50, CO raises to $2.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $2, UTG calls $2

Flop: 10:club: 2:spade: J:club: ($7.75, 3 players)
      Hero bets $6, UTG folds, CO calls $6

Turn: K:club: ($19.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $15, CO calls $15

River: A:heart: ($49.75, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $27, Hero folds

Final Pot: $74.27

CO wins $74.27 (net +$23.77)

Is there a better alternative on the turn when a scarecards falls? There are still so many cards I don't want to see on the river that I decided to bet/call the turn.

With a C/R only better hands will call and worse hands will take a freecard and don't bet at all...

C/C and reevaluate river?

Tnx in advance
  • 3 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I like your play. He would check behind too many hands on that turn and there are so many scarcards for you on the river that betting is imo obligatory there.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      I would start with c/r the flop, so you can push turn (if you dont get allin on flop). On a dry board I would intend to take the donkbet line. But this flop hits original raiser and UTG range pretty good so I would opt for a c/r here and create a big pot.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since K is quite scary for you and if you put you on Jx or smt then he might take stab or valuebet with KQ or smt like 98 after which you can c/rai on the turn and I think he´d call with QQ, AA, KQ and maybe some other hands that are weaker than yours.
      If he happens to have flush or straight then you still have 10 outs, but since you decided to b/c turn then c/rai is imo a little better option.
      if you check river then your hand is likely two pair or set or bluff. If he holds himself two pair then a lot of times he won´t bet since you could still take c/c line with Qx, so imo question is if he is ever betting anything less than Q on the river.
      Don´t think he is bluffing too many times after he calls on the turn so c/f seems ok line

Maybe against aggressive opponents c/r flop is better since they would often bet themself all sort of hands and a lot of times getting all-in AJ+ better hands because there are draws on the flop.