[NL2-NL10] NL10 AQo

• Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($10.10)
      UTG+1 ($12.40)
      MP1 ($10.20)
      MP2 ($16.35)
      MP3 ($5.95)
      Hero (CO) ($10.40)
      Button ($11.65)
      SB ($10.05)
      BB ($5.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q
      UTG bets $0.40, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.25) 3, 10, J (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $1.10, Hero folds, 1 fold

Total pot: $1.25 | Rake: $0.05

Villain:

VPIP: 15
      PFR: 8
      3Bet: 1.7
      AF: 2.2
      WTSD: 28
      Hands: 451

What is the best line to follow?
      Like, running AQo against a 8% range on the equilator says I got 47% equity.
      Considering his raise is from UTG, I'd say his raising range is more like 5~6%.
      Probably calling is the worse action to be made, but I couldn't get myself to fold AQ and wouldn't dare to raise while I got high chances to already be dominated.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Calling is fine considering you have position you don't need to crush his range, he will give up sometimes on ugly flops if he didn't hit it and you can just bet all your range there to take it down.

Re-raising against that guy mostly means you're almost bluffing, he'll 4bet hands that dominate you tho maybe he'll flat AK he seems tight enough for that, he'll probably also flat 99-JJ. It's not that hard to play against that range in position especially if he just c/f his AK. That being said that means he'll only be folding around 2.5% of the hands he's opening, which isn't enough for you to risk the price of the 3bet unless you feel confident about playing it postflop.

On that flop it depends on his postflop tendencies, this isn't a flop he should be thrilled to c-bet on into two players, so you should just give it up most of the time. If he's c-betting 100% maybe he also has air sometimes, but in my opinion it's not worth floating in such a spot.

Hope it helps.