This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 78s Resteal?

• Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 ($6.95)
      CO ($10.95)
      Button ($12.95)
      SB ($11.45)
      Hero (BB) ($12.20)
      UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 ($10.05)
      MP1 ($12.65)
      MP2 ($14.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 8
      7 folds, SB bets $0.40, 1 fold

Total pot: $0.20 | Rake: $0

Villain:

VPIP: 9
      PFR: 6
      3Bet: 3.7
      WTSD: 20
      Hands: 231
      ATS: 22

As his stats show, villain is usually stealing, but with suited connectors, is a resteal possible? TAG regs usually know when to lay down a hand, they often try to steal and depending on my hole cards I resteal, but what about this hand? Calling is probably the worst to do in this case.
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think, that all posibilities are possible with your hand.

Fold: Villain raises only 6%.
      Call: Outplay him postflop or you can hit very hard with your hand and it's hidden.
      Raise: Villain can't call your 3-bet oop so he either has to fold or to 4-bet where you can fold savely.

You can mix these posibilities to balance your hands.
      Against that villain I guess I would call and play ip.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Assuming he's always raising 4x when he steals SBvsBB and he's doing it often (some players will steal a lot from CO/BU but will be very tight from the SB) i probably wouldn't fold that hand, it plays good in position and your opponent will find himself without a hand postflop often. It's especially profitable to call if you're willing to raise or float some of his c-bets, as he will usually just shutdown at least the first few times you do it.

If i had A4o or another trashy hand like that i'd be more likely to just 3bet him preflop, as it's not strong enough to see a flop against most people.

Hope it helps.