[NL2-NL10] NL10 78s Resteal?

• Skeat
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 ($6.95)
      CO ($10.95)
      Button ($12.95)
      SB ($11.45)
      Hero (BB) ($12.20)
      UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 ($10.05)
      MP1 ($12.65)
      MP2 ($14.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 8
      7 folds, SB bets $0.40, 1 fold

Total pot: $0.20 | Rake: $0

VPIP: 9
      PFR: 6
      3Bet: 3.7
      WTSD: 20
      Hands: 231
      ATS: 22

As his stats show, villain is usually stealing, but with suited connectors, is a resteal possible? TAG regs usually know when to lay down a hand, they often try to steal and depending on my hole cards I resteal, but what about this hand? Calling is probably the worst to do in this case.
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII

I think, that all posibilities are possible with your hand.

Fold: Villain raises only 6%.
      Call: Outplay him postflop or you can hit very hard with your hand and it's hidden.
      Raise: Villain can't call your 3-bet oop so he either has to fold or to 4-bet where you can fold savely.

You can mix these posibilities to balance your hands.
      Against that villain I guess I would call and play ip.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
    • MaestroOfZerg

Assuming he's always raising 4x when he steals SBvsBB and he's doing it often (some players will steal a lot from CO/BU but will be very tight from the SB) i probably wouldn't fold that hand, it plays good in position and your opponent will find himself without a hand postflop often. It's especially profitable to call if you're willing to raise or float some of his c-bets, as he will usually just shutdown at least the first few times you do it.

If i had A4o or another trashy hand like that i'd be more likely to just 3bet him preflop, as it's not strong enough to see a flop against most people.

Hope it helps.