[NL2-NL10] two pair on an all spade flop (no raise preflop)

• bigdwong
      bigdwong
      Bronze
      The Hand:

MP1: $9.83
      MP2: $10.07
      CO: $5.21
      BTN: $10.30
      Hero (SB): $4.93
      BB: $5.05
      UTG: $3.77
      UTG+1: $9.93
      UTG+2: $5.54

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with 2h Kh
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.05, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.03, BB checks

Flop: ($0.15) Ks 2s Js (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, BB raises to $0.60, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $1.80, BB calls $1.20

Turn: ($3.75) 4d (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $3.20 all in, Hero folds

My Thoughts:
      My line of thought was basically he got a free play in the BB and could of had any two, which could be of been two spades.

When he re-raised me on the flop I thought I could be against a high king or a two pair possibly, so I re-re-raised him and he called. At this point I gave up and figured he had at least a made low flush.

Comments much appreciated thanks
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Make sure you're not playing too many hands from the SB, it's the worst position and completing too much can prove costly in the long run.

Postflop i likely wouldn't 3bet the flop our hand isn't that strong, i'd probably call and see what happens on a safe turn.

As played i don't quite understand why that guy wouldn't just 4bet-shove a made flush on the flop. Granted he has position so he can "slowplay it" at that point, but it's also possible for him to have the As, maybe along with a pair or something. I'd likely just shove myself to prevent a check behind from these hands, check/folding getting more than 2:1 isn't really appealing.

Hope it helps.