SAGE vs Sit and go wizard

• alexgrapid
      alexgrapid
      Bronze
      Hello i tried to apply SAGE metod in some turbo HU sit and goes on FT and when i checked my decisions with Sit and go wizard lots of FOLDS decisions according to PI and R in SAGE were 0.25 EV pushes .I dont know what strategy to adopt when im heads up ,SAGE or Sit and go wizard ???Thank you i hope someone will help me .I think SAGE method is tighter when you push from SB and looser at calls from BB .
  • 6 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      stick with sngwiz. SAGE kinda sucks imo.
      and maybe you should have a look at this as well :)
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      stick with sngwiz. SAGE kinda sucks imo.
      and maybe you should have a look at this as well :)
      Nice link, I have been meaning to find those ranges for a while. I know that is the optimal pushing range against your opponent and if he is tighter or looser it will be more +EV but does that also apply to the calling ranges. If I know my opponent is too tight will the Nash ranges hold up? Seems on low limits the opponents are too tight when they reach HU.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Nash is kinda tricky as it asumes your opponent is playing perfectly, nash is where no one can change their ranges to profit. But it is generally understood that if the opponent is tighter than nash then it is profitable
    • alexgrapid
      alexgrapid
      Bronze
      Ok thank you for your help,but i don't understand something in the NASH chart ,I should push when I have the number of blinds or when he has it ??? same question for calling .
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alexgrapid
      Ok thank you for your help,but i don't understand something in the NASH chart ,I should push when I have the number of blinds or when he has it ??? same question for calling .
      Whoever has the smaller chipstack.

I know the Nash ranges are profitable for pushing but I'm not so sure if they are so good for calling. Obviously if your opponent is looser than the Nash ranges it would be but I don't know how to react to tighter ranges.
    • Meatfly404
      Meatfly404
      Silver
      Hi, anyone using SNGwiz to analyze DONs? Its great with normal SNGs, but in DONs it suggests some weird actions on the bubble (or em I playing it wrong?) and sets wide calling ranges for opponents.

Example:
      6 players, blinds 300/600

Villain1: 4040 folds
      Hero: 2680, AKo
      Villain2: 920
      Villain3: 2120
      Villain4: 2240 +SB
      Villain5: 2100 +BB

Suggest: FOLD ???

Calling ranges were 26+ for each player and even after setting about 4% and 30% for shortstack it suggests me to fold this hand.