Hello :-)

• winiwin
      winiwin
      Bronze
      Hello Poker Strategy Community, this happens to be my first post :-).

Abit about me I'm a student from the UK and trying to make it as a poker pro (who isn't?). Anyways i happen to be a very experienced player, i used to play at PitbullPoker until it recently shut down from a owner cheating scandal. I used to make lots of money there like 1k a week! However since it shut down, and didn't pay out its players! i have lost thousands of dollars (my whole bankroll) so have to start over. This has led to me too you guys.

I used to also play at Fulltilt and have made 8k since January but since Pitbull Shutdown and left me broke i have to start again from this $50 starting capital (its tough now being a poor student).

Anyways Hello to everyone! I have just started playing on everest poker with the starting capital and doubled it within a few hours so hopefully will continue until i can play for thousands again :-D .

Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey winiwin,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and the Community.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck with that poker site and loosing all your money :(
      I can only imagine how it would feel.
      Thank you for telling us a little about yourself and I hope you enjoy your stay.

I know you said you are an experienced player but doubling your Starting capital in a few hours is very quick. Can I ask what limits you were playing? It seems you were playing out of BRM (Bankroll Management).
      Anyway, I wish you the best with your new free money. And, I hope you can build your bankroll up to where it was. Goodluck.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • winiwin
      winiwin
      Bronze
      Hello Kyle,

I have actually read parts (i say parts i mean most) of your blog while i was waiting for my starting capital to come through so have stalked you abit :-).

I would agree a few hours is a very short period to double the capital but then again you havent played on everest i believe? I am actually using a 10Bi BR management Rule at the moment due to everyone i have been playing against doesn't seem to know how to play. For example on the 10NL table i was all in with KK against 3 opponents (preflop ALLIN) once they showed it was A4o A7S and 55 my Kings actually held for once. It just seems to keep happening there :-).

I am mainly a tournament player like massive MTT fighting my way through thousands on fulltilt to take first a few times. However everest doesn't seem to offer much of these, so mainly been playing cash.

I have a question for you if you don't mind. On your blog you seem to have a lot of graphs etc generated by software i believe. I have never used any sort of poker software and would like your opinion on what you use? and how much it costs etc? does it help you?

Austin.

P.s Austin is my name :-), i may also start a blog like yours to monitor my progress
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Thanks for taking the time to read my blog :)
      I'll make sure to return the favour when you start one.

Will you be continuing this BRM or making it more conservative as u move up?
      How high have you played in MTT's?

With the Graphs, I use PokerTracker3 but PokerStrategy offers a free software once you reach 1000PS points. :)
      Elephant

I can't remember the exact cost of PT3, I think it was something like $90 or something.
      PokerStrategy offers PT3 at a lower rate as well as some other nice software tools :)
      Software

Keep me updated. I'd like to see your progress with MTTs as I'm also mainly a MTT player.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • winiwin
      winiwin
      Bronze
      I am about to start playing a session now and see how i do. My BR is currently $110 (haven't deposited anything yet will do soon to clear the bonus). I am going to use a 15Bi rule for this session or maybe less depending on what games are currently available as everest are somewhat hard to find a decent game.

Regarding MTT i used to play the a few 26$ at FullTilt and usually do quite well in them. Heres a SS of one i won. Click Here (image shack). I have played that particular tournament roughly 12 times since January and finished in the top 10 5 of them 12 times i believe. Everest dont seem to have any good MTT at the moment.

I will wait for elephant it shouldn't take me long as i have nearly reached silver level here and will hopefully have 1k points by the end of the week.

Also i have another question regarding multiple strating capitals at other rooms, is this possible for me?

Austin
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Nice win.
      You will probably have to search for some MTTs at peak hours of Everest.

Multi starting capitals are random and very rare.
      Just keep an eye out on the News.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • winiwin
      winiwin
      Bronze
      Hey Kyle,

My current BR on everest is $150 and im going to do a 10 hour session starting from now. You can read about it in this thread if your intrested.

Austin