About br manage on pp micros

• Divinek
      Divinek
      Bronze
      i asked this on pp board too but since no responses after a while I figure it's suitable to ask here anyways since it is fl strategy.

Since the rake like doubles at .5/.10 on pp fl and im currently playing .1/.2

If I'm horribly downswinging, or whatever and lose 20dollars from my br is it reasonable to move down a limit even though the rake doubles?? Doesn't this make the limit really hard to beat and move back up again?

These feels more pertenant because I'm on one of those amazing runs where I miss everything or get sucked out on on the river, so I may very well be in this zone very soon!
  • 5 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      just play the lower limit at a digffrent site if needs be where the rake isnt so bad.

I expect the higher rake will affect your winrate a little bit, but at the end of the day you would expect the opposistion wo be weak so your edge would be bigger so i dont expect if it'll be a problem. Did you play.05/.1 at PP before?
    • Divinek
      Divinek
      Bronze
      No I started at .1/.2 like was recommended. And I can't really switch sites cause of the free starting capital, yet.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Slightly outside the box suggestion, but perhaps moving down for a bit, then studying a lot. And I mean A LOT. 50:50 Study:P laying at least.

A big part of the study would be on hand review in light of the articles you are reading, ie applying concepts from each article to hands you've played to ensure you are always playing correct lines, correct hands, as best as possible.

Once you're sure you're game is solid (and I'm telling you now, it probably isn't even close yet - I'm not being mean, it is just reality and a miracle if it were to be otherwise).

Then I'd start taking shots back at $.10/$.20 again. If you drop below $20 then move down.. I would expect your edge at $.05/$.10 to mostly compensate for the increased rake.

In any case, you'll be learning heaps, and when you start to get things right, you'll start moving up with relative comfort.

Oh, and make sure you study. LOTS.

Good luck!!! :f_thumbsup:
    • Divinek
      Divinek
      Bronze
      hmm yeah you're right i will definitely vamp up the study time compared to play time. At the very least until I know the bronze articles inside out and backwards. Thanks

By the way once i do completely understand those articles and so on, would I be completely set to beat this limit? How would I go on studying further after these bronze articles besides posting hands?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      H Divinek,

you should move down because the higher limit is too much of your bankroll. Your winningrate will be still big enough to move up fast but if you stay on the high limit you might lose it all in a downswing.

The bronze articles are enough to beat these limits. As you move up your status here will be higher as well (if you keep playing). Then you can study the silver articles and so on to learn more concepts which are required for higher limits.

You should also try visiting a coaching or watch videos to see how others play just to become more confident.
      You could play the video, then stop it when you see a playable and then say the action you would chose. Now you check if the coach has chosen the same action or not. That way you will learn very fast by trial and error without losing any money.