This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 88 Nl10

• enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $10.24
      MP2:
      $1.98
      MP3(Hero):
      $10.40
      CO:
      $2.35
      BU:
      $18.84
      SB:
      $0.68
      BB:
      $11.25
      UTG2:
      $2.65

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8, 8.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, 3 folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.65) 9, 9, 3 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB folds, MP2 raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($2.25) K (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.25) 8 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.98(All-In), Hero calls $0.98.

Final Pot: $4.21.

His c/r with initiative looks pretty damn strong, dont know what possesed me to call here, i definitely would've folded the turn to a shove(Basically i told myself, "well, let's see what happens on the turn").
      On the river it's an easy call.

What's the best line if he chooses to cbet the flop?
  • 2 replies
    • elco49
      elco49
      Bronze
      I would fold preflop if he has been around for a while and never done that before. On the flop I do not like the bet against 2 unknown opponents because MP2 is probably strong often and you will either hold a 9 or a hand that will fold to a raise.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If he c-bets and it's cheap i'll almost almost peel once to see if he shutdowns, if he pots it he'll sometimes shove the turn even with a bluff so i could see myself just cutting my losses without a better reason to stick around.

As played hard to say without a better read, minraising is standard for some shortstackers and i wouldn't put him past most players to check/minraise overcards there either. I could see myself both shoving over his minraise and simply folding depending on how weird i think his play is overall.

I like your plan for the rest of the hand.

Hope it helps.