[NL2-NL10] 88 Nl10

• enemaze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8, 8.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, 3 folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.65) 9, 9, 3 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB folds, MP2 raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($2.25) K (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.25) 8 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.98(All-In), Hero calls $0.98.

Final Pot: $4.21.

His c/r with initiative looks pretty damn strong, dont know what possesed me to call here, i definitely would've folded the turn to a shove(Basically i told myself, "well, let's see what happens on the turn").
      On the river it's an easy call.

What's the best line if he chooses to cbet the flop?
  • 2 replies
    • elco49
      I would fold preflop if he has been around for a while and never done that before. On the flop I do not like the bet against 2 unknown opponents because MP2 is probably strong often and you will either hold a 9 or a hand that will fold to a raise.
    • MaestroOfZerg

If he c-bets and it's cheap i'll almost almost peel once to see if he shutdowns, if he pots it he'll sometimes shove the turn even with a bluff so i could see myself just cutting my losses without a better reason to stick around.

As played hard to say without a better read, minraising is standard for some shortstackers and i wouldn't put him past most players to check/minraise overcards there either. I could see myself both shoving over his minraise and simply folding depending on how weird i think his play is overall.

I like your plan for the rest of the hand.

Hope it helps.