The Steps Saga

• TSpill
      TSpill
      Bronze
      Received a lovely second starting capital for partypoker, so registered and had a look around. Saw the steps thing in sit n go and decided to start in step 1 3$ and for a bit of fun see how far i could get up the steps, the top being step 6.

Well step 1 is a joke, if you cant get in the top 2 of that then you really should spend all ur days on this site until you can which will take 20 mins. First hand in, two all ins with k4 and k3......

Right serious business now, step 2 ohhhhhh!!!
      First time finished 3rd which meant i had to redo step 2, bit gutted but did it and qualified for step 3 wahey.

Step 3 ($30 to enter) now being that it costs 30dollars to enter at this stage if you couldnt be bothered to qualify i really thought the poker would be a bit better but no crazy all ins with k9 etc. Finished 4th which meant i had to redo step 3, which i did and qualified for step 4. Only 2 steps away from the money.

Step 4 ($70 to enter) would love to tell you i smashed it but i cant even start it cause it never fills up ?( so when if ever i get to play this i will let you know how i get on.

Anyone ever play in these and how did you do?
  • 7 replies
    • TSpill
      TSpill
      Bronze
      just finished step 4, scraped through lol cant wait for step 5, i'm starting to smell the money :D
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      nice work, how many step are there? 6?
    • TSpill
      TSpill
      Bronze
      yeh there are 6 but have bad news, finished 9th in step 5 so have to start all over again from step 1, oh well the joys of poker :tongue:
    • levs
      levs
      Bronze
      I dont understand steps..... can some on explain ..... always see it want to play but dont understand
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by levs
      I dont understand steps..... can some on explain ..... always see it want to play but dont understand
      http://www.partypoker.com/news/events/items/steps_main.html (Google is a nice thing)

I've tried this as well, but it is harder as it might seem. And there are hardly any step6 games to find.
      But if you're a good sng player, it might be a really nice deal (I'm not).

If you want to learn playing sng's I really recommend this though. You can usually play a lot of games for 1 buyin because often you can win an entry for some step.
    • antonin87
      antonin87
      Bronze
      how did you get your second capital guys?? i want that too :D :D
    • AJSK
      AJSK
      Bronze
      If you look at it in perspective, it goes like this:

Assuming everyone buys in at Step 1 (and simply seeing the play at Step 1 should make you want to do this regardless of how big your bankroll is),
      10 out of 50 will play in Step 2
      10 out of 250 will play in Step 3
      10 out of 833 will play in Step 4
      10 out of 2778 will play in Step 5
      5 out of 13889 will cash in Step 6

Considering only freerolls reach around the Step 6 amount, you can see why it can take a while for someone to make any kind of profit on the Steps SnGs...

Still, if you're going to play ANY kind of micro-stakes on Party, this is pretty much the best option, although don't expect to cash for a while...