Canadians using moneybooker's or???

• Diesel666
      Diesel666
      Bronze
      I am trying to find a good 3rd party merchant to withdraw winnings from poker rooms..

What do most people from canada use and why?

I would like to find one with low fees and hassle. I have set up a moneybookers account but it wont accept my visa for some reason.. I believe it's because I stated it was for gaming purposes... but if I select it is not for gaming, moneybookers wont send funds to/from a gaming site???

Thanks in advance for any help!
  • 7 replies
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Some banks don't like their credit cards used for gaming. Instadebit or Click2Pay work well, I've used them both. Neteller doesn't work anymore and Paypal doesn't work for gaming sites for Canadians either.
    • warmedia
      warmedia
      Bronze
      Normally most poker website accept withdraw with your visa card (they refund you card) you then simply have to make a cash advance you get your cash.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Which service has the lowest fees and will have the smallest impact on rakeback? I still have yet to deposit or withdraw funds. I'm still deciding between instadebit and moneybookers. Moneybookers seems to have very low fees. Instadebit doesn't list there fee structure on there website(or I can't find it), but it does seem to have good service. It is also a Canadian company set up to serve Canadians. If the fees are on par with Moneybookers I'm going with Instadebit. If there fees are a % like credit cards I'm going with Moneybookers.

If anyone has some input that would make this decision easier for me, please share.

Cheers
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      No fees with Instadebit. :s_love:
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SalamiandCheese
      No fees with Instadebit. :s_love:
      I know that there are no fees to the consumer, but if you are withdrawing money there are fees correct? Any idea how much? Moneybookers has flat rate fees that are really really low but instadebit seems to give better service.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      No fee if you are withdrawing CDN to a CDN account but if you're withdrawing USD to a bank account then it's ~2% service fee (better to check with them to be sure it's not a flat fee). Good thing is if you move cash from a site into Instadebit it's kept as USD and can transfer that to another USD site with no fee.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Wow. So there's no fees except when exchanging currency? How do they make any money? Looks like I'm gonna go with instadebit. So your rakeback has never been affected after withdrawing?How long does it take to open and verify an account?

Thanks for the info.