MP: $46.29
      CO: $99.68
      Hero (BTN): $85.07
      SB: $69.09
      BB: $50.78
      UTG: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with T :diamond: T :heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $2, Hero calls $2, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 6 :diamond: 2 :heart: 5 :heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $3.30, Hero raises to $10, CO raises to $22, Hero folds

Villain is 22/15 with AF of 1.0 over 140 hands.
      I call preflop because I doubt he's calling me with worse (fold to 3bet 88% 7/8). Or am I wrong considering the stacksizes?
      I got an overpair on a drawy board so I raise for value and protection (he might call me with weaker pockets or sometimes something like A6 or even A5). After his minraise I decide to muck it considering his low AF.
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      don´t really like turning TT into bluff at that board.
      If yo´re going to raise/fold then I would prefer calling flop, calling turn and then folding to river bet.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Why do you say raising is turning my hand into a bluff? You think I'm not getting called by worse? What about protection - the board is very drawy and I don't want to see a heart, an overcard, 3, 4 - it's more than half of a deck.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      Why do you say raising is turning my hand into a bluff? You think I'm not getting called by worse? What about protection - the board is very drawy and I don't want to see a heart, an overcard, 3, 4 - it's more than half of a deck.
      You turn your hand into bluff since you raise/fold.
      Since you´re folding to 3-bet you can easily do that with 9T which has no showdown value.
      I think you´re get called by worse hands, just some worse hands might 3-bet instead of calling putting you on draw or bluff.
      Although you don´t want to see a lot of cards, your opponent is also at difficult decision, since if he holds there for example 77/88/99 then he has the same problem than yours. So even if scare card comes on the turn he won´t really always bet with it.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Ok, I get your point but I'm gonna keep asking ;) .

Lets think about different turn cards after I call his cbet. What do I do if an overcard comes (no draw completed)? If he bets I call and re-evaluate river, if he checks I check behind, right? What about a heart?

What if we had 100bb stacks? Is this a shoving spot? Or would calling still be better? What's my plan on later streets?

And the last one - let's suppose I'm the CO in this hand, I openraise TT and get coldcalled by the BU (something around 24/26 at that point). I cbet on that flop and get raised - what's my play?

TIA
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      Ok, I get your point but I'm gonna keep asking ;) .

Lets think about different turn cards after I call his cbet. What do I do if an overcard comes (no draw completed)? If he bets I call and re-evaluate river, if he checks I check behind, right? What about a heart?

What if we had 100bb stacks? Is this a shoving spot? Or would calling still be better? What's my plan on later streets?

And the last one - let's suppose I'm the CO in this hand, I openraise TT and get coldcalled by the BU (something around 24/26 at that point). I cbet on that flop and get raised - what's my play?

TIA
      If J or Q comes I´d call, with K and A you can maybe fold, since that would hit a lot of his range. Once you cann turn I doubt he´'d barrel river
      Also not a bad move to turn your hand then into bluff and raise turn, since that looks a lot stronger than raising on that flop and often he might b/f with stronger hands
      With any heart I'd call, since you now also have flushdraw outs if you´re behind

With 100bb I think you can raise/get all-in. He should 3-bet a lot wider range that you beat

WHen aggressive player raises on that board I´d 3-bet and call shove