Coaching -Podcast?

• Fonyman
      Fonyman
      Bronze
      Good evening.

I thought I had an idea for Pokerstrategy, Dunno if it's useful or not but you can think about it.

It would be really nice with some kind of podcast-feature for the live coachings. Even though we'll never be able to see what's happening on the tables again there's a lot of good training, hints and tips in there because the coachers tend to explain what is happening.

I think it's sad that all these coachings just dissapear after the coaching is over, because it's valuable information and training material.

Might be a lot of work but, as I said.. Just an idea from me. I know I would appreciate it.

Fony
  • 11 replies
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey Fonyman,

thanks for your input. This idea has actually popped up on the German forums yesterday and I've passed it on to our Education department.

I'm not too sure if this is a viable option for the near future, but let's see what happens :)

Hadi
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      I love this idea - would be awesome to have some training video's on my iPod :)

Skraggy^^
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Do you mean that the coachings are recorded simulatenously through Podcasts or that a coach is randomly playing a session (non-coaching related) and that you can tune in?
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      he surely ment recording of Sheulded Coachings
      if u would able to tune in whenever u want it would be really ridiculous for a coach ... and I doubt someone will become coach in that scenario ....
    • Fonyman
      Fonyman
      Bronze
      I ment that the scheduled coachings are recorded.. and that people can listen to them again, and again, and again.. and again.... and again.

In the german forums yesterday? lol.. That's suspicious.

I'm pretty sure it wouldnt be for downloading Skraggy as that is against Pokerstrategy's policy, making users able to download the material(and share it). But just so that you can listen to it over and over(some kind of streaming).

That's nice Hadi, but you agree right? These coachings are valuable training, and there's a lot of hours that could just be lying around for people to listen to if they don't feel like watching a movie e.g... It would be like a new section of the learning materials.

Again, when I think about it, it would be a huge project that requires servers and lots of programming. But ohwell..

Håkon
    • tuomasta
      tuomasta
      Bronze
      I also have think som kind of audio things.

I like that if i can listen poker while i'm jogging or something.

I can watch those videos with my mobile phone via internet but without internet is not possible.

Some kind of voice coaching... Can i regord audio from coachings?
    • goudviske
      goudviske
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fonyman
      I ment that the scheduled coachings are recorded.. and that people can listen to them again, and again, and again.. and again.... and again.

+1 for recording coaching sessions (like the other vids)
      it will give access to training material to a lot of players who arent able to attend at regular hours
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Brief feedback on this:

Our education team generally likes the idea, but it'd currently take up too many resources. Now that isn't a "no" to the idea, but rather a "not currently", so hope's not lost :)

Hadi
    • goudviske
      goudviske
      Bronze
      Yet hope remains while the Company is true
    • SecurityDrew
      SecurityDrew
      Bronze
      Besides coaching I would love to have podcasts of Hasenbraten and his NL50 Series and seres like the General andthe new Stud series. I have a 45min bus ride each way to work and it would be great to have podcasts I could review stuff using that dead time. Any thought to providing this format? On Itunes would be most convenient:)

Keep up the great work.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey SecurityDrew,

downloadable Videos like that are unlikely to happen, as we don't want to make piracy any easier than it is.

Hadi