[NL2-NL10] Nut flush

• maxiking02
      maxiking02
      Global
      Just tell me, how am I supposed to win something when first playable hand after an hour of playing ends up like this? Just how?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $5.35
      BB:
      $5.90
      MP1(Hero):
      $5.04
      MP2:
      $5.25
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $5.59
      BU:
      $5.92

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, J.
      Hero calls $0.04, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.16, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.38) T, 7, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.27, Hero calls $0.27.

Turn: ($0.92) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.65, Hero raises to $1.41, MP3 raises to $4.57, Hero calls $3.16.

River: ($10.06) 5 (0 players)
      Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.9.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a full-house, sevens full of tens(7 7).
      Hero shows a flush, ace high(A J).

MP3 wins with a full-house, sevens full of tens(7 7).
  • 4 replies
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Fold preflop, or raise if you are confident enough, don't limp and cold call, it makes it difficult for you postflop.

If you C/R the flop, it can be quite obvious you are representing a flush. I think slowplaying here is ok, but on the turn definitely bet, otherwise you don't build enough value to get paid off.
    • maxiking02
      maxiking02
      Global
      yeah I know it was my fault, it was a bad session and I should have known that when I flop nuts I very often lose. But folding flopped nuts on these limits is a little pointless because players here often overplay, bur this table was kinda tight so it was pointless by me to call the raise. Next time I will play more aggressively. I hope next session will be more successful :)
    • elco49
      elco49
      Bronze
      preflop: fold (3bet if he folds to 3bet a lot)
      flop: raise to ,8-1 (calling is okay if you have position)
      turn: raise to 2-2,5 and call the shove (he will probably hold T,J+ often)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I prefer raising pf, since you hold good hand and want players to fold their junk or if they are calling then you have initiative and can take pot down often with c-bet
      I think c/r flop is a little profitable than slowplaying, since if another flushcard comes he might check behind and fold his hand if he doesn´t have flush.
      c/r turn is fine, you´re still enough times ahead that you can play for stacks