[NL2-NL10] Nl5 - Bss

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Im sorry if theres too many hands in one post but I really want some feedback on these 6 and it felt bad to make 2 posts. So please bear with me guys :) .

Hand1:

Was my bet on the flop goodsized? Should I have bet the turn? I know that I shouldnt have raised him on the river at least since he did raise UTG, it told me he most likely had a high pocketpair. Im not actually all too sure about how I shouldve played the turn and river.

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , A:club:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $0,16, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0,48, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls $0,32.

Flop: ($1,02) J:heart: , K:club: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0,75, UTG+1 calls $0,75.

Turn: ($2,52) J:club: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2,52) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $1, Hero raises to $2,00, UTG+1 raises to $4,44 (All-In), Hero raises to $3,63 (All-In).

Final Pot: $10,59

Hand2:

Perhaps it wouldve been better to go for a check/raise or check/call on the river instead of betting into him?

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8:diamond: , 8:club:
      MP1 calls $0,04, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0,04, CO raises to $0,29, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,25.

Flop: ($0,68) 7:spade: , 2:diamond: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,45, CO raises to $0,90, Hero raises to $2,00, CO calls $1,10.

Turn: ($4,68) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, CO calls $2,00.

River: ($8,68) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,68, CO folds.

Final Pot: $11,36

Hand3:

I believe I didnt get good enough potodds so I took the fold here.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      Hero:
      $4,56
      MP3:
      $4,74
      MP2:
      $5,39
      SB:
      $8,11
      CO:
      $2,30
      UTG+2:
      $4,68
      BU:
      $4,92
      MP1:
      $4,98

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3:club: , A:club:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0,04, 3 folds, SB calls $0,02, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,12) 5:spade: , 4:club: , 6:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,08, SB folds, Hero calls $0,08.

Turn: ($0,28) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,20, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0,48

Hand4:

I felt like I was beat after the 3 reraises here (well you could reason it was only 2 since CO was really short on cash), but would it have been a statistically superbad decision to have called here? I thought so at least, since I only had Jacks.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      MP2:
      $6,86
      Hero:
      $12,94
      UTG:
      $6,50
      UTG+1:
      $2,57
      CO:
      $1,01
      BB:
      $4,09
      MP1:
      $1,78
      MP3:
      $2
      SB:
      $3,94
      BU:
      $1,66

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J:spade: , J:heart:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0,04, Hero raises to $0,20, 3 folds, CO calls $0,20, BU calls $0,20, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,86) 5:club: , T:club: , 6:heart: (4 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0,65, CO raises to $0,81 (All-In), BU raises to $1,46 (All-In), UTG+1 raises to $2,37 (All-In), Hero folds.

Turn: ($6,15) 8:spade:
      River: ($6,15) T:spade:

Final Pot: $6,15

Hand5:

Im feeling very unsure if I played this hand even remotely ok, so please, some feedback.

Hero:
      $4,02
      MP1:
      $6,12
      UTG+2:
      $5,08
      BB:
      $4,46
      MP3:
      $6,14
      MP2:
      $5,31
      BU:
      $4,06
      CO:
      $2

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:diamond: , 8:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0,04.
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0,04, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,04, CO checks, BU folds, Hero calls $0,02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,20) 4:diamond: , 7:heart: , T:heart: (5 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0,20) 9:spade: (5 players)
      Hero bets $0,20, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,20, CO folds.

River: ($0,60) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0,24, Hero raises to $0,60, MP3 calls $0,36.

Final Pot: $1,80

Hand6:

He had been calling me down and and betting into me quite alot when I checked postflop so I didnt really give him much credit anymore. Was the betsizes good or should they have been slightly bigger? 3/4 perhaps? These were more like 2/3. And was it the right decision of me to call his bet on the river?

Hero:
      $3,70
      MP3:
      $7,49
      UTG+2:
      $5
      MP1:
      $5,30
      BU:
      $5,97
      BB:
      $4
      SB:
      $2,08
      CO:
      $4,94
      MP2:
      $4,92

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8:diamond: , 8:spade:
      Hero raises to $0,16, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0,16, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0,38) 5:heart: , 6:spade: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,25, MP3 calls $0,25.

Turn: ($0,88) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, MP3 calls $0,60.

River: ($2,08) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $3,08, Hero raises to $2,69 (All-In).

Final Pot: $7,85
  • 7 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      No, Snowylee! There are too many hands and two of them without any stack size information. I cannot evaluate your hands :P

Ok....I will give it a try :D
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      1) I like your flop and turn play, but on the river I would just call the bet because you tie the pot with AK, AQ, AJ, AT but you lose against all pairs (TT-KK). This handrage is very likely after this prefloaction. That's why I would just call the river bet although you have the straight.

2) Why should you check/call or check/raise the river? He raised you on the flop and called your 3-bet, he called your bet on the turn, why should he fold the river? Btw: I would bet more on the turn to protect your hand against straight and flushdraws.

3) nice hand!

4) I think it is a good fold. Against three all-ins an overpair is beat most of the time. And if not a flushdraw might complete on the turn or river.

5) You are first to act against 4 opponents on a draw heavy board and you try to bluff them out of the pot? Dont do that anymore ;)

6) If he really played that aggressively than it was a nice play. But against a "normal player" this is an easy fold.

Btw: Do you like pocket 8's? "Snowmen" <-> snowylee ?!?!?!?! :D

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      If you haven't already done so you should read about playing the river in Theory of Poker by Sklansky.

1)Hard in a vacuum as I know that at 5NL some players are utter maniacs with no regard to position whilst others are very ABC solid PF.

Your flop bet is fine especially since it gave you a free-card on the turn(which you wisely took) and the chance to keep the pot relatively small.

The queen on the river was a bad card. Suppose villain is fairly decent PF and plays TT+ and AQ+ from EP then by the river you are splitting at best. You were given the chance of a cheap SD and should have taken it.

2)You have flopped a monster so make a decent sized raise when given the chance since it makes it so much easier to get the money in on later streets. You are also allowing him almost 4:1 on his flop call. Make it $3.50.

Bet more on turn(2/3ish pot). Don't know stack sizes but I'd bet more on river as well. I wouldn't get fancy on the river at all. Nice lead.

3)NH.

4)Looks a good fold but you're being offered almost 4:1 and the board is drawy. NH but I'd be close to callng here. (I am a station BTW)

5)I'd lead the river ($0.30) in case villain checks behind with four to a straight on the board. Other streets fine.

6) Looks ugly from the outside but brave calls are sometimes required. Very villain specific so I can't really comment.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      1. Flat call him on the river , this is a very very ugly board :D . It seems like he is making a valuebet , so at best you are tieing with the straight. You couldnt possibly have a better hand than him there since he bets into such a board.
      2. Reraise a bit more on flop like 2.5$+ and protect your hand better on the turn.
      About the river , no need to try moves on NL5$. Well , unless you have some stats or notes from him that show he is very aggresive/bluffy on the river or something. But not against random opponent.
      3. Good fold. You could maybe lead the flop with your OESD , board looks like its certainly possible to have hit someone at the blinds and it doesnt need to work too often to be a profitable move.
      4. I would call here. Board is very drawy and you still have an overpair , you get good odds to call, plus everyone is all in and you dont have to make any further decisions on later streets. Also , you might win a sidepot which makes it less costly to call.
      5. I would play check/call on turn and raise him on river probably , although i dont think its easy for someone to call the raise on river with a worse hand. Go figure :D
      Additionaly , you could raise this preflop to narrow it down to hopefully 1 opponent , despite your position.
      6. Why did you raise this from UTG when you didnt raise it before from blinds where everyone limped ?^^ I would limp here and play for set value prolly.
      Since he makes moves against you , you could maybe check/call him on turn.
      Bet sizes are fine. I would fold to the river bet. It needs to be a pure bluff way too often , and LAGs are very likely to hold J or T. Arent those their favorite cards ? ;)
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      1: Yeah, as I said. A stupid newbmove of me because as soon as I did it I went like "wtf?!" in my head and really wondering why the heck did I do that :P .

2: And yeah I thought that perhaps my reraise on the flop was a bit small. I will remember to bet a bit more on the turn/river too. I was allin after the riverbet though, and so would he have been if Im not mistaken.

3: Indeed I suppose I couldve made a flopbet, Im not unfamiliar with betting a draw on the flop so..

4: Ok, perhaps I should make a call here in the future, I guess we will see, and if I have any reads on my opponents in that future situation :) .

5: Perhaps I couldve bet the flop as you said Nunki. I played it the way I did because I did get an OESD on the turn, and a straight on the river. And I read their checks on the flop as weakness which it quite often is here in my experience so I thought I would try to make the opposition smaller.

6: No I have absolutely no idea why I raised the 8s here lol. And yeah I suppose I was a bit lucky here, especially since what you said undercover is quite true hehe. But he actually was loose passive, not very aggressive. It was more about that he always called and always made a bet when I checked, I had it incredibly hard trying to tell what he had, and the hands I held were never any monsters or something very strong, more like marginal hands. But as I said, I just couldnt bear to fold yet again to this guy, and his overbet seemed kind of suspect since he had never overbet the pot against me before.

Well, pocket 8's have been somewhat nice to me, but yesterday was ridicilous :P , I got pocket 8s 6 friggin times lol, and I dont think I played for more than max 3.5 - 4 hours ;D.

Yeah actually my nickname "snowylee" comes from "snowman", ever seen Blade 2? Donnie Yens character is called "Snowman" there and I think he's cool, Donnie that is. And Im an adopted from South Korea and my family name from there is Lee and I always liked it. Bruce Lee didnt really have a negative effect either ;) . Hence "snowylee" since I also thought that just plain old "snowman" wasnt that cool :P .
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Now I know, why it is snowylee! Makes sense to me! :D

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Haha it sure does doesnt it? ;P